Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOI Request For Copy of Call

Options
  • 21-05-2013 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

I made a call to Eircom cancellations on the 7th of May at 1.45pm and I now want to get an audio copy of that call.

The person I spoke with told me that the call was being recorded and that it may be used for training purposes and was I okay with that and I had no issue with that. The call was definitely recorded!

How do I get a copy of that call as I am entitled to under Freedom of Information regulations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I made a call to Eircom cancellations on the 7th of May at 1.45pm and I now want to get an audio copy of that call.

The person I spoke with told me that the call was being recorded and that it may be used for training purposes and was I okay with that and I had no issue with that. The call was definitely recorded!

How do I get a copy of that call as I am entitled to under Freedom of Information regulations?

Hi foggy_lad

Did you send in the written cancellation / e-mail as per the process after that call? Just to see if we have a written request as well.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi foggy_lad

Did you send in the written cancellation / e-mail as per the process after that call? Just to see if we have a written request as well.

Thanks, Mark
    I was offered a deal during that call and agreed to remain with Eircom on the exact same plan of off-peak calls and unlimited next gen broadband for €40/month with no minimum contract. Eircom are now telling me I was never offered this deal so I need to get a copy of this recorded call to take this matter further.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Hi, I moved back to eircom september 2012, have had nothing but hardship since, telling me one thing on the phone then another thing when i would ring back, in December got it sorted i thought then got a huge bill of over 400 euro, eventually got that sorted and they gave me a special offer package of €35 a month for 6 mths then that would go to €50 after the 6 mths this offer was including vat, what a joke have been paying vat on top of the €35 and every time i try to ring or chat on the eircom web chat been put through to someone else and guess what someone never answers, it is the worst service ever, eircom have been in trouble already this year for false advertising of their broadband, It has the worst customer service of any company ever.
    See will i get a reply :rolleyes:

Any update on this??

Any update on this??
    Hi foggy_lad

I am still working on it.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi foggy_lad

I am still working on it.

Thanks, Mark
    How long do you think this will take? How long does it take to listen to a few minutes of audio? should I switch to SKY while waiting on a proper response from Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi kmscc,

Can you please PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Hi kmscc,

Can you please PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey, thank you for the reply, afaik Mark is dealing with this for me. He is waiting for a manager in another department to listen to the call Recording and reply to him but it would appear that heels are being dragged somewhere along the line!

I will pm you though as it may help matters if I can get a recording of a "contract" call I made to Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Ok no problem foogy_lad.

That would be perfect thanks and I will come back to you as soon as it has been listened to.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

FOI does not apply to Eircom. It applies only to Public Services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Data Protection so!

You are 100% correct. My request would be under Data protection leglislation and one would think that as Eircom will require the same call recording to prove me wrong and what they now claim is the truth they would provide the recording free of charge to myself and other customers who have also been lied to by their sales staff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Data protection act still applies though and requests can be made under that for said information:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-an-Access-Request/963.htm

Ok no problem foogy_lad.

That would be perfect thanks and I will come back to you as soon as it has been listened to.

Thanks

Tracey
    Mark has been promising this since the middle of last week so don't be surprised if this issue sees the far side of the bank holiday weekend or even my next bill issue date! (But I am hoping Eircom or COMREG will have sorted this out by then).

Just to repeat also that I am now unable to pay my current bill as it is incorrect and my personal accounts system will not allow payment. when a correct bill is issued with the pro-rata reduction for the €40/month plan from 8th of may I will be in a position to pay what is owed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Data protection act still applies though and requests can be made under that for said information:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-an-Access-Request/963.htm
    I was just informing him about FOI. That can be an expensive exercise. Hopefully Eircom will see the light under the DP Act and provide the recording at no cost.

I was just informing him about FOI. That can be an expensive exercise. Hopefully Eircom will see the light under the DP Act and provide the recording at no cost.
    If Eircom don't see the light I'm sure that COMREG will request the call recording and will actually listen to it(as long as it is still audible), and make a decision in my favour!

Mark has been promising this since the middle of last week so don't be surprised if this issue sees the far side of the bank holiday weekend or even my next bill issue date! (But I am hoping Eircom or COMREG will have sorted this out by then).

Just to repeat also that I am now unable to pay my current bill as it is incorrect and my personal accounts system will not allow payment. when a correct bill is issued with the pro-rata reduction for the €40/month plan from 8th of may I will be in a position to pay what is owed!
    Hi foggy_lad

I checked with the Comreg complaints handler for eircom. He has confirmed they have received and logged the complaint yesterday 29/05/13.

As you have decided to escalate the matter as an official complaint. A manager will respond to you directly regarding the issue.

So I have to defer to the complaints process, so just to advise you I can not respond via e-mail if the matter once is has been escalated through this process.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement