Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPORTS REHAB AND ATHLETIC THERAPY carlow IT

Options
  • 21-05-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Anyone applied for this for september???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 campos88

mickeyodee wrote: »
    Anyone applied for this for september???

Hey mickeyodee,

Yeah I've applied for it as a mature student. What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

Yeah ive done interview for it last week,went fairly well I think but that might not mean a thing come july when the offers come out..did u do your interview how did you get on??

Yeah I did my interview last week as well. It went well but as you say it may mean nothing in July. Have you done any sports massage courses or anything before?

No I havent but ive done work experience with a sports rehabilitator in their injury clinic for a few months just to get experience ya know..have you done any courses yourself??..I applied for the physiology and health science aswel course aswel,dont really want it though to be honest much prefer the sports rehabilitation..did you apply for any other course?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

when do mature students get word if they got in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

You should hear back by early to mid July. It's usually a month before LC applicants.

mickeyodee wrote: »
    No I havent but ive done work experience with a sports rehabilitator in their injury clinic for a few months just to get experience ya know..have you done any courses yourself??..I applied for the physiology and health science aswel course aswel,dont really want it though to be honest much prefer the sports rehabilitation..did you apply for any other course?

Yeah I did a 2 year full-time course which focused mainly on Holistic Massage. But in the second year of the course I had a Sports Massage module, so I enjoyed that. I didn't do any work experience in a clinic though so that could go against me. I've had 2 Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstructions so I know plenty about rehabilitation at this stage anyway haha! Yeah I applied for physiology and health science as well but not sure I would do it if i got it. I asked them about the chances of entering into the Sports Rehab. course from it and they said it would depend if there was any free places on the course, which I assume is very unlikely. Do you what date we hear from the college if we get a place?

Id say thats pretty good in favour of you getting into the course then,the fact youve done preperation for it with the course you done.Yeah dont like the look of physiology and hs to be honest would rather do a part time course in massage therapy or somethin.where did you do that course before??..Well get word early july,think its the 10th d woman interviewing me said so anyway..rough oul injury that long road back from it,ive dislocated my shoulder about 5 times at this stage id say haha

Yeah well hopefully they see it that way. I did it in Galway city in G.T.I. I think there is a one year course in the Carlow Institute of Further Education. Here's the link http://www.carlowife.ie/physiology-sports.aspx It would be a good one if you don't make it in this year.

They take a nice bit of time making a decision. These next few weeks are gonna feel like forever so!!

Yeah it's nasty alright, but I wouldn't fancy a dislocated shoulder either ha!

Ah id say you would be one of the ones with a better chance of gettin in but shur as you said all ya can do is wait..would you be travellin from galway then,nice spin down?

• Advertisement

Well man did you get a place? I didn't get in anyway.

no didnt get in,didnt get anything at all to be honest which is a bit of a surprise tbh.Did u get offered anything urself?

No I didn't get offered anything. I thought I'd at least get the Level 6 course but didn't even get offered that. Are you going to get onto the college to get some feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Wolfie55

Hey guys, don't get yourselves down, you can be offered a place right up to sept, the first year of the course has very little to do on rehab or massage it's all physics, chemistry, cell biology and strength and conditioning modules so especially if your a mature student and have never done science getting a couple of grinds in these will be far more beneficial than massage as you won't do this till year 2

Advertisement