Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch system: Changing provider?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

My Phonewatch contract is up for renewal and I am about to seek quotations from other providers.

Is it likely that other providers would be interested in taking over the existing installation?

Eircom phonewatch has a reputation for being expensive.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around there are plenty of company's who will monitor & maintain this system for you.
    You can also search over the PSA register of licensed installers here
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Might there be an issue with getting access codes from Phonewatch?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most companies would be able to access their panels anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I've been trying a few companies this mixed response. A few of them have said that they can't work with the Phonewatch panel.

A company based in Howth is one prospect so far. I'm still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Condatis wrote: »
    My Phonewatch contract is up for renewal and I am about to seek quotations from other providers.

Is it likely that other providers would be interested in taking over the existing installation?

Eircom phonewatch has a reputation for being expensive.

Just be careful not to be pushed into upgrading the system as that is what most installers who don't know how to work some of the P.W systems do.

Shopping around is always the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Eircom PhoneWatch will give you a discount. I got one about two months ago.

Advertisement