Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre map says fibre available, online checker says its not

Options
  • 21-05-2013 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am an eircom customer.  Can someone check if eFibre is available to me?  The coverage map says it is but when I do an online check it says it is not available.

PM me and I will PM you my details.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

iMyself wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am an eircom customer.  Can someone check if eFibre is available to me?  The coverage map says it is but when I do an online check it says it is not available.

PM me and I will PM you my details.

Thanks.

Hi iMyself

Can you confirm the exact / full address via PM and I can confirm that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Same here, I'm an eircom customer right smack in the middle of a green "available now" blob on the map but when I put my number into the online checker it's a no go. What gives!?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭bgm13

I'm having the same issue, I've sent you a PM Mark. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just because your exchange is listed as upgraded it does not mean that all cabinets on that exchange have been enabled yet it just means that some have been, might be as low as one or two cabinets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭iMyself

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Just because your exchange is listed as upgraded it does not mean that all cabinets on that exchange have been enabled yet it just means that some have been, might be as low as one or two cabinets.
    Right ok, so that's how this is going to play :rolleyes:  

So the obvious question is when will it be activated and how do we find out?  I'm in the pilot coverage area and still waiting....  the cabinet that time forgot....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

I have the same issue, in Douglas exchange area but line checker says not available. when I go to the upgrade site it has the message "We Have already received a Fibre upgrade request for this account."  what does this mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sean007s

The checker and coverage map says its available for me but I havent been upgraded yet.

Could someone from Eircom please comment?  I have sent my details to Mark via PM.  Some time frame as to when my cabinet will be upgraded at least please.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Im having the same problem i am in the green area but it fails on the checker i rang eircom twice(tuesday and today) only to be told there systems are down and they would call be back i never recieved any calls back? Mark i will PM you my details and i hope i can get some answers of you.

Thanks for getting back to me Mark.  Disappointed to hear that there are no plans to upgrade Sandyford exchange.  Don't suppose it is possible to move to a different exchange?  this one seems to be the runt of the pack.

No coincidence that half my estate can get UPC and were part of the pilot, the other half that do not have UPC are left whistling.  I suppose that's business.  I'll switch to Sky, don't see any point in hanging around any longer waiting for something that's not going to arrive.  But then you still get line rental from that don't you, so what do Eircom care?  One less disgruntled customer complaining and still get a large cut of the profits....not bad business.

Adios.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

iMyself wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me Mark.  Disappointed to hear that there are no plans to upgrade Sandyford exchange.  Don't suppose it is possible to move to a different exchange?  this one seems to be the runt of the pack.

No coincidence that half my estate can get UPC and were part of the pilot, the other half that do not have UPC are left whistling.  I suppose that's business.  I'll switch to Sky, don't see any point in hanging around any longer waiting for something that's not going to arrive.  But then you still get line rental from that don't you, so what do Eircom care?  One less disgruntled customer complaining and still get a large cut of the profits....not bad business.

Adios.

Hi iMyself

I am afraid it is not possible to move to another exchange. However as I outlined in my PM this is only stage 1 of the efibre roll-out and eircom hope to roll out the service to 1.2 million homes by early 2015 - http://bit.ly/197vGI8

Sorry I don't have more definitive information at this stage.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi iMyself

I am afraid it is not possible to move to another exchange. However as I outlined in my PM this is only stage 1 of the efibre roll-out and eircom hope to roll out the service to 1.2 million homes by early 2015 - http://bit.ly/197vGI8

Sorry I don't have more definitive information at this stage.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

i believe it's hard to answer every soul now, but i hope people are hoping for some sort of help here too. I am in same position : my area enabled on the map but line checker gives you bad news. Wait another 2 years looks frustrating but i'm sure nobody can give more accurate reply. The thing is : all compane was so loud and so many disapointment now

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

foggy_lad wrote: »
    40% of the cabinets must be enabled before eircom can offer efibre on an exchange..

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

My address says it is unavailable here, yet it is available for both of my next door neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

abbir wrote: »
    My address says it is unavailable here, yet it is available for both of my next door neighbours.
    the checker is not upto date tbh... so better off calling in

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

i believe it's hard to answer every soul now, but i hope people are hoping for some sort of help here too. I am in same position : my area enabled on the map but line checker gives you bad news. Wait another 2 years looks frustrating but i'm sure nobody can give more accurate reply. The thing is : all compane was so loud and so many disapointment now
    Exactly.  It's easy to dismiss us as simply pissed off that we can't get eFibre.  but it's the misleading marketing campaign that has caused the most upset.  I got a flyer in the door saying eFibre is coming to your area soon.  Then the coverage map says I can get it, now you tell me maybe in 2 years time?? 

I just don't understand why you are so active in the area and just skip over the Sandyford exchange?  What is it with this exchange??  The name would suggest its the main exchange in the area.  The same area that was picked for the pilot scheme.  Would it not make sense to complete the work in an area before moving on to other places?

Advertisement