Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Council new busking and street performance rules

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Having worked in town and been subjected to so many **** bands with loud drums, I wouldn't be against it at all. Even decent bands with drums annoy me when busking cos it forces the rest of the band to use loud amps. Yeah, it's great for people passing through but for people working nearby, it's a pain in the hole. Especially when you get a long line of old people blaming you for the noise!

I also think that full bands kinda ruin the whole busking experience. I've always thought busking should be very different to a gig experience. Busking is supposed to be something anyone can do. You just need a guitar and your voice. When you start bringing drums and big amps and all that, I just think, well why not just play a gig. I'm rambling at this stage actually. BAM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The honor system brought in last year, as mentioned in the article, was completely ignored by many performers around Dublin. Either that or they didn't know about it.

Whatever the reason, just taking Grafton Street as an example, many buskers have been forced to move to other areas because of bands with drums and amps, or soloists with amps turned up to eleven.

I love seeing busking alive and well in Dublin, but some performers really take the p!ss with their volume levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Some good, some bad I think. No amp above 15W, I dont think you would need more unless your trying to drown out the "competition". Altho, Im pretty sure the law states only 1 amp per group also so even 2 amps turned very low could land you in trouble. Fire and knives I think speak for themselves! Im sure they are well trained and skilled but I have witnessed a friend have a fire stick (whatever they are called, fire at both ends of a stick and person does mad tricks with it) miss her head literally by an inch or 2 after the guy lost control of it. Its a thin line between keeping it all under control and destroying street performances altogether but hopefully common sense will prevail and unless someone is taking the p*ss, they wont get any hassle.

Advertisement