Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know of globaltefl.uk.com?

• 21-05-2013 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just seen an offer on groupon there regarding a 150hour online tefl course from this crowd, doesn't seem to be much information about the company or such and was wondering if anyone had any further info on them or knew of the company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

Hey I was looking at the same thing myself today and wondering whether or not to sign up for it.

Think I'm gona go for it, I'll let you know how I get on. If your uncomfortable I think i-to-i come well recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I did a 150 hour with this crowd. The course is pretty basic compared to something i to i would offer but it was cheap and ticks the box for getting recruited abroad, (I got accepted for an EPIK Korea position off the back of this.) I didn't think it was a very good quality course, but it's very easy. I reckon I had it finished in less than fifty hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

I wana be well prepared for when I go abroad to teach, would you recommend i-to-i as its more comprehensive, and how are you sure of the difference, are all TEFL courses not very similar, if not the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I also did a 40 hour in class with i to i about four years ago, and it was excellent for actually preparing you as a teacher. The only reason I did the other one was because EPIK required 100 + hours and a lot of time had lapsed since I did the i to i.

If you have the money, I would go for a cert that has an in-class component because you learn much more and a lot of recruiters, especially in Korea, prefer it. Go for the Groupon one to bulk up your hours, and book a 20 hour in class with someone like i - to - i. It worked out great for me.

Advertisement