Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unity drops iOS and Android fees

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

This is wicked, I really would like to get into Unity at some stage. I feel bad for the people that coughed up the fee recently though, I hope they get some kind of compensation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

Better to get it from the horses mouth, more info. Yes there is compensation:

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/05/21/putting-the-power-of-unity-in-the-hands-of-every-mobile-developer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Off topic but I just have to say it, that guys collar is incredibly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

kevovek wrote: »
    Off topic but I just have to say it, that guys collar is incredibly ridiculous.

David Helgason has left the building ;)

Really impressive (not the collar). Unity is shaping up to be a great, low risk entry into game development. A lot of larger indie developers on the PC market are starting to pick it up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

David Helgason has left the building ;)

Really impressive (not the collar). Unity is shaping up to be a great, low risk entry into game development. A lot of larger indie developers on the PC market are starting to pick it up at this stage.

Yeah, and over the last two years all the colleges seem to be teaching it, especially since XNA died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

They've also done deals with Nintendo and Sony, it comes with the dev kits afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

More collar popping action ;)

Looks like they are adding real-time shadows to directional lights for free and also what interests me most is they are making text based serialization free which will make collaborations easier with source control. (All this towards the end)

Advertisement