Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL 1st year accomodation !

Options
  • 21-05-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Well, I'm hoping to go to UL in September and was wondering when is the latest you can apply for accomodation ?? Im hoping mid July, as the funds are low at the moment :( and would I still have a chance of getting into my preffered village ? (Kilmurry) Would appreciate if ye let me know when ye applied also just to get a rough idea :P Thanks !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

As long as you're in before the CAO results you should be guaranteed a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I applied the day after the offers and got a place in Kilmurry for first year. I wouldn't worry too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Well, I'm hoping to go to UL in September and was wondering when is the latest you can apply for accomodation ?? Im hoping mid July, as the funds are low at the moment :( and would I still have a chance of getting into my preffered village ? (Kilmurry) Would appreciate if ye let me know when ye applied also just to get a rough idea :P Thanks !!!
    Hey to date kilmurry is booked out but there should be vacancies after the offers, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

If you decide to go for one of the private student acomodation spots OP PM me and i can warn you about one spot in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Myself and a couple of friends booked Kilmurry around the start of April to to make sure we got our spots..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Myself and a couple of friends booked Kilmurry around the start of April to to make sure we got our spots..
    KILMURRY :D. soooooooo excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Would it be worth applying now then just in case?? I dont wanna spend money I dont have on deposit or whatever and then not get a place at college, but I will because since I'm from Dublin on campus accommodation is my only option and I'm determined to go to UL. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

go for plassey :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Would it be worth applying now then just in case?? I dont wanna spend money I dont have on deposit or whatever and then not get a place at college, but I will because since I'm from Dublin on campus accommodation is my only option and I'm determined to go to UL. :)

Apply now and you'l be put on a waiting list. They say they guarantee all first years a spot.. but it might be in week 3 when people drop out... The sooner you apply the better. When people dont get their spot on the CAO they will start filling in their places with people on the waiting list..

Why does being from dublin prevent you from living off campus :confused:

garv123 wrote: »
    Apply now and you'l be put on a waiting list. They say they guarantee all first years a spot.. but it might be in week 3 when people drop out... The sooner you apply the better. When people dont get their spot on the CAO they will start filling in their places with people on the waiting list..

Why does being from dublin prevent you from living off campus :confused:

Just purely because I'm bad at making friends/social stuff so on campus would definitely force me to do so, especially living with others in my year and itd help me settle in easier. Just personal preference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

because since I'm from Dublin on campus accommodation is my only option and I'm determined to go to UL. :)
    Huh? Don't really get the logic here. Didn't know anyone when I started, was pretty far off campus, got on fine in the end. There will be plenty of opportunities to meet people, most of them won't just be in your house.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Huh? Don't really get the logic here. Didn't know anyone when I started, was pretty far off campus, got on fine in the end. There will be plenty of opportunities to meet people, most of them won't just be in your house.

Like I said, personal preference. Wouldnt feel comfortable not living on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mel1991

Hey guys,

I know this has nothing to do with deposits, I'm actually looking for accommodation for next year (4th year). I dont want to live on campus anymore as its too dear and there is no way I'm going into one of the houses in College court. I was just looking at Troy student village p://troystudentvillage.com/ . Has anyone ever stayed here, it looks nice and the prices are reasonable too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Like I said, personal preference. Wouldnt feel comfortable not living on campus.
    Would be wise to keep an open mind too though. Maybe think about heading off campus after your first year.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Would be wise to keep an open mind too though. Maybe think about heading off campus after your first year.

Oh yeah, I only meant for first year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

has anyone any feedback on Parkmews out near parkway shopping centre? they looked nice and very well priced, but w dont know Limerick all that well. cycling should only take a few minutes to get on campus, but was wondering about the overall feedback from people who stayed there. Please and thank you :)

Advertisement