Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Contact with an Astec Alarm

Options
  • 21-05-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There

Will any contact work with an Astec alarm. I have a faulty contact and it needs to be replaced. But I see Astec were bought out and the company who bought them out don't supply the parts any more.

Or does anybody know where you can buy contacts/sensors for these alarms ?

Any help appreciated

Odd job

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Some places still have a few of these.
    An global contact can be converted to work on an Astec system by wiring a 680ohm resistor is parallel with the contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 odd job

Thanks !!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You welcome. If you have any hassle getting them give me a shout. I've still a few left & I have some of those resistors as well.

Advertisement