Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobilecover.ie

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to make a claim?
    I sent my phone to mobile cover on the 13th May but have not had any correspondence from them.
    I have tried contacting them but have not received a reply.

Does anyone know how long it takes to process a claim?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

yes,

ive had 1 major repair done through them (HTC One X).
    It took quite a while (circa 6 wks) but had plenty of correspondence and was happy with service.
    phone was sent home to Taiwan for the fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've signed up online with them on 10 June and still no sign of a policy... Anyone know of a terrestrial number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marcepita

Hi, I have my phone insurgence with mobilecover.ie sinces September 2013 and I pay every month 12.99. I lost my phone abroad and I send a claim form to get another phone, I got a letter after a few days, my claim was declaimed because I left my phone unattended in the airport in Brasil, I'm not happy with the response, I didn't want to lose my phone with all my contacts and all my photos of my family and my baby witch is 6 moths old.
    Is any body with same problem, what I can do now? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smchugh36

I have never had anything but trouble with mobilecover. My phone was stolen a few months ago and it was replaced with a "new" phone within a week for a cost of 250 euro as it was an upgrade to my old one. When I took the new phone out of the box and turned it on I noticed msgs in it in a different language. I thought this was very weird. I reset the phone straight away and began to use it. Before long I realised the phone was having difficulty connecting to the internet. I contacted my network provider who did everything they could to resolve the problem however they concluded that the phone was a faulty. On contacting mobilecover they refused to replace the phone and said they would send it off for repair. This is not the first time this has happened to me and others I know. I spoke to Samsung and they seem to think the phone was a refurbished phone - hence the text msgs - it appears Mobile Cover replace lost/stolen phones with refurbished phones and refuse to replace them if they are faulty once opened. Clearly the phones are still faulty after refurbishment! The phone has been off for repair 3 times now and waiting to be picked up again. In the meantime I have no phone. Wish I never got insured with them! Never again!

Advertisement