Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The South West !

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    we are heading to Las Vegas for a stag in October.

its for 9 days, we are flying into LAX and are discussing itineraries .

Some of the guys wanna go up the Pacific coast and to Yosemite as well as
    grand canyon before Vegas - I'm thinking this is too much.

I think it would be better to do LA, death valley (Joshua tree NP), Monument Valley, Grand Canyon + Vegas ?

Seems like a lot but was thinking since they are relatively "close" , its ok ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Since you have 9 days, you have time for it. But what is your intent during those 9 days? Are you interested in partying, mostly? Trying to see the natural sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Since you have 9 days, you have time for it. But what is your intent during those 9 days? Are you interested in partying, mostly? Trying to see the natural sites?

Hi,
    Well to be honest my main priority is to see most of national parks as I can,
    I want to minimise time spent in tacky Vegas - and luckily so does the groom :D ,
    we all agreed that 2 days is enough for Vegas so we are on the same page at least.

I was looking at google maps and see Zion is "close" by aswell, that could also be thrown in - maybe Joshua Tree is a bit out of the way tho ...

Anyone reading this who has been to these places, in your opinion, whats the most spectacular and worth to photograph ?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

What about driving straight to vegas, spending a night there and then go into the grand canyon, there's many different ways of visiting it. You can go on white water tours, you can hike alone, or you can just drive up to the rim and look in.

It could be memorable to buy a tent and some kit and spend four or five days in one place really really remote? America is just so good for camping out.

www.rei.com

Just a random thought.

Advertisement