If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a subwoofer

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hi Gents,
    I'm looking for a subwoofer for a VSX521... thinking of the Pioneer SHS100 I saw on your site, what's the damage to send it to Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Orb.

Thanks for the post.

The Pioneer SHS100 is a 5.1 speaker package so in my opinion, you would better to put the money into just the subwoofer rather than having additional speakers that you do not need.

The one to look at is the Tannoy SFX subwoofer which is slightly more expensive but in terms of frequency response, is substantially better than the sub that comes with the Pioneer speaker package.

They are both rated at 100 watts but it's what it does with that power that counts.

The Tannoy uses an 8" driver as opposed to the 6.5" on the Pioneer and this produces a much deeper and more accurate bass.

The Tannoy is priced at £119.95 and we can do delivery on the Tannoy at £9.99.

Delivery on the Pioneer system would be £12.99.

I have the Tannoy in stock and the Pioneer will be back in again on Friday.

Hope this helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Hi Orb.

Thanks for the post.

The Pioneer SHS100 is a 5.1 speaker package so in my opinion, you would better to put the money into just the subwoofer rather than having additional speakers that you do not need.

The one to look at is the Tannoy SFX subwoofer which is slightly more expensive but in terms of frequency response, is substantially better than the sub that comes with the Pioneer speaker package.

They are both rated at 100 watts but it's what it does with that power that counts.

The Tannoy uses an 8" driver as opposed to the 6.5" on the Pioneer and this produces a much deeper and more accurate bass.

The Tannoy is priced at £119.95 and we can do delivery on the Tannoy at £9.99.

Delivery on the Pioneer system would be £12.99.

I have the Tannoy in stock and the Pioneer will be back in again on Friday.

Hope this helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave, I've been on to Ciaran in the shop and ordered the Tannoy. 
    All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks very much. We'll get it dispatched today for delivery tomorrow.

Just to check with you as well, have you got a cable long enough for the sub as I'm not certain they give you one in the box ?

There's no mention of it in the manual so I would assume that no cable is provided.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Thanks very much. We'll get it dispatched today for delivery tomorrow.

Just to check with you as well, have you got a cable long enough for the sub as I'm not certain they give you one in the box ?

There's no mention of it in the manual so I would assume that no cable is provided.

Cheers

Dave

Spoke to Ciaran,  I have one at home, should be grand.
    Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Orb wrote: »
    Spoke to Ciaran,  I have one at home, should be grand.
    Thanks again.
    Hi The Orb.

Hopefully by now you are up and running?

Any further questions just let me know.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.