Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Gear Kickstarter

• 21-05-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,711 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stompybot/heavy-gear-assault-0?ref=popular

Sure we might as well get a KS megathread..

d2d617d61e97506158d17904f0fa6111_large.jpg?1369004684
    ec5d3435cdc47762b070365cc9cd3a82_large.jpg?1368999366

If they can make the combat feel as fun as it always looked, I'm down for that. Would prefer my pilot to be a giant sword-wielding hippy though.

The music composer they have on board is Jeehun Wang, whom has a pretty impressive CV, including composer of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (Oh. You Remember.), and dozens of other titles.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Interesting, absolutely loved the old Mechwarrior and Heavy Gear games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,711 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never did play the Heavy Gear titles, just caught the cheesy CG Rendered cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Blegh, its a free to play game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TomCo wrote: »

This is the way monies is being made these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Closes wallet. Looks like it's competitive multiplayer as well. No dice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You shouldn't instantly rule it out just cause it's F2P. There are some great F2P games that have been released in the last year, and you're going to start seeing more/most online games going that way over the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

IF done right then F2P can be really good.

Team Fortress is a great example. The weapons are all well balanced so it doesn't matter if someone pays to unlock one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm just disappointed with the fact that it's multiplayer really, the F2P aspect doesn't bother me as much. Between MWO and Hawken I think the online mech sub-genre is pretty much satiated for now, a decent single player campaign with big ass mechs on roller skates though? Sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Kiith wrote: »
    You shouldn't instantly rule it out just cause it's F2P. There are some great F2P games that have been released in the last year, and you're going to start seeing more/most online games going that way over the next few years.

I can't think of a single F2P game with a decent single player campaign (I can't actually think of one with a single player campaign at all).

There are a fair few F2P mech games around at the moment, a single player campaign would have helped to distinguish themselves.

Advertisement