Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycorus Lake

Options
  • 21-05-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Not directly related to the above but can anyone from the area let me know precisely where Ballycorus Lake is. Tried to find it on Google etc without success. Many many years ago (in excess of 60 years) I used to cycle there with my little fly rod and fish quite successfully for roach and rudd. Would really love to go back there if only to have a look but everything has since changed so much: different roads, old roads gone but I always do remember coming from Seapoint and turning right at the Silver Tassie and then going up under the massive bridge over the road. Any information gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

a 6 year old thread really ??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ranmac

Really

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lake (Pond?) near Ballycorus (near Shankill?); http://goo.gl/maps/8X3ZL

Your best bet is to use the map on OSI.ie

The Historic 6" overlay on OSI.ie lists the above as "Mill Pond". Another reason to the OSI is that features up until 30 years ago may no longer exist due to expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread split
    D3PO wrote: »
    a 6 year old thread really ??? :rolleyes:
    On topic constructive posts only please.
    ranmac wrote: »
    Really
    On topic constructive posts only please. Don't hijack threads.

Advertisement