Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Athy

Options
  • 21-05-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone know what companies provide the best broadband in the Athy area? I know that UPC don't supply fiber to the area yet so i need to opt for the next best thing. What are people using right now? What speeds are you getting?

Looking at the map on here, it doesn't seem like eircom are that good just yet (or am i wrong?)

I don't have a land-line yet so cant tell what this is like from Vodafone yet.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Having a look on www.getbroadband.ie it seems its one of either Vodafone, eircom or Digiweb .... but i've heard that BT is available as well.

Just need to find out who is giving the best connection out of them all, ideally from people who are living in Athy now and using broadband.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Am living in Coneyboro estate. Had Vodafone last year and no problems. Was away for a few months so had it disconnected, when I came back I got Sky in. Same speeds as my line can only handle 7.6Mb and it's been fine. Only had it about 2 weeks.

No connection drops and the sky hub is actually much much better than the old vodafone router I have to say. The reason I went with Sky over VF again was the usuage cap. I pay €40 a month and with Sky it's unlimited. VF had a cap of 40gig combined upload/download. So far the service has been excellent for me. I never had problems with VF other than the cap being too limited at times but there is a huge noticeable difference with the 2 routers. The vf was a little bit slow but at the time didn't bother me but it is defiantly noticeable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Hi Yawns, cheers for that, Sky sounds good so i think. Just looking for them on the web just now and i found this website, could be handy

http://www.uswitch.ie/broadband/

Would be great to hear from others in Coneyboro or Athy if possible, just to get an idea of what its like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Actually having checked my bb in the last couple of days, it seems this sky modem is capable of the 12Mb they said I could get at time of sale. I now have 11.6Mb down with 0.7Mb up. Haven't had an issue with it since getting it in still. Fingers crossed n all that.

Advertisement