Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting qualification assessed for 457

Options
  • 22-05-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

My employer is looking to sponsor me on a 457. I am a qualified accountant with CAI. Just wondering if anyone who has been through this process before can tell me how they went about getting their qualification assessed/certified by an equivalent body over here? Or do I need to be a member of an Australian accountancy body?

Chartered Accountants in Australia who have a reciprocity agreement with Chartered Accountants Ireland, pretty much require as much documentation as you would submit for PR, and also to complete IELTS, in order to become a member.

Would really appreciate any help as I'm trying to get this through before July 01.

Cheers,
    Purcela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no formal skills assessment for a 457 visa.

The fact he's employed you in the role already, and is sponsoring with you. Along with a scan copy of any degrees etc is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Hi Purcela,

My company used a migration agent but the info I provided to the agent may be useful (you don't need to go an register with the Australian Institute)

I sent certified copies of my CAI cert and college results and that was sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Legend100 wrote: »
    I sent certified copies of my CAI cert and college results and that was sufficient

I actually just sent scans and it was fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

Thanks a million for your help guys. The person I spoke to in Chartered Accountants Australia must have thought I wanted PR, and confused me to no end. I'll submit certified copies of CA qualification, degree etc and hopefully should be ok.

Advertisement