Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty View (Between Cork Street and Thomas Street)

Options
  • 22-05-2013 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Any views on the area? Looks a bit run down / under developed but then further up looks okay.

It's near the Fatima Luas Stop.

Obviously it's not South County Dublin but then lets just say I wouldn't fit in there either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

We're not a million miles away from there (and I work around the corner) but if you don't look for trouble, the chances of trouble finding you are greatly reduced.
    That said, I wouldn't chose to live there, not least because I'd be worried about my car and nobody working in the area would dream of being around there at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Not a good place to be at night, and I would not chose to live there. Cork Street is one of the few remaining parts of innercity Dublin that is truly dodgy. One or two friends have been mugged or had close calls up there.

Thomas Street is fairly "colourful" but fine during the day, at night its ok if you keep your wits about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I personally wouldnt consider that area at all. I know people who lived near fatima and they hated the gangs of kids etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Thanks guys, yes the feral child phenomena is one that gets on my nerves quite a bit.

As it happens yet another one advertised on DAFT that's actually 'spoken for'. I think I'm going to stick with what I know and keep looking in Inchicore and Kilmainham. Any idea why estate agents keep advertising stuff on DAFT thats sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good call I think.
    I live in Kilmainham, just went sale agreed a few weeks back on a house in inchicore. Pretty settled area imo.

I think it varies between estate agents the reasons why they keep them up, id say its mainly as a backup in case sale falls through, or so that they have a list of interested people in that area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You were thinking of Buying up there!:eek: I thought you were renting. for the love of God dont buy, everything on Cork street is built on developer's lies and made out of banker's broken promises, you'd never sell it on.

Advertisement