Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel Recommendations South Dublin

• 22-05-2013 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi

I have a 12 month old dog who is used to staying/sleeping indoors.

We will be going away for a few weekends over the summer and was wondering are there any recommendations for Kennels/people who mind dogs in their own homes.

We are looking at Beeches Brook Kennels so if anybody had any opinions on there also that would be great

Thanks
    Redved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blondes have more fun

If you are looking for an alternative to kennels, I use Barkingham Palace. The lady minds the dogs in her home and my 2 dogs always seem happy to arrive back. She has about an acre fenced off which i like so they are not stuck in the house. I can pm you the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I've used wenden kennels in the past, they are on mount venus road, bit expensive but the dogs are well looked after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I've used wenden kennels in the past, they are on mount venus road, bit expensive but the dogs are well looked after

I would not recommend these after a bad experience a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

+1

I'd recommend the DSPCA kennels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I can only go by my experiences with them. The last time a used a kennel was the k9 country club, a lot cheaper and they seem to be good. Anyone else use them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

two I use are Deerfield kennels and Glencullen Kennels. Deerfield offer a pickup service but are a little more expensive but both are really friendly and have the dogs well looked after.

EDIT - Used DSPCA as well - also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I can only go by my experiences with them. The last time a used a kennel was the k9 country club, a lot cheaper and they seem to be good. Anyone else use them?

Not a secure place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

My own dog is going there shortly, can you elaborate? Or PM me? I have heard excellent reviews of the place and am now a little anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've just made a booking for Beeches Brook, but have seen the same review in three places now, word for word.... I hate false reviews, so, owners of Beeches Brook, your constant reviewing of your own property across three/ four different sites with the genius idea of just changing a name here and there.. Bad idea...

Example 1
    Example 2

Has anyone any suggestions, it's very short notice I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

It's not kennels and it's not in south Dublin, but if you want to spend a little more €€ then you could try Citizen Canine - was about €80/night IIRC.

Emmaline there takes in your dog and does 1 on 1 training with it through it's stay. I learned about it after from another member here and was very happy with the results. Only one dog is taken at a time, so it gets good attention.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056978220

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

They're booked out, thanks though!

It's busy times, the only place I tried with space was Beeches, but they soured me with the false reviews thing. I found one legit review, and it wasn't great...

Advertisement