Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raven Gym in Bray has closed down.

Options
  • 22-05-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I recently joined Raven Gym in Bray about a month ago. I went to the gym yesterday 21st May at 5.00 and found the door locked.

The gym was shut and the only information was on a flyer on the window saying "Contact us on Facebook for any information". I have written to them on Facebook but haven't gotten a reply.

My question is why has it is shut and will it be closed indefinitely?

The gym seemed to always be busy so I can't understand why it has closed it's doors.

Now I have paid up front to 5 months and only been a member for one. I doubt I'll be able to get a refund on this membership but any further information would help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Did you pay cash or with a credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Splash820

I paid with my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭Tow

Splash820 wrote: »
    I paid with my credit card.

You should be OK then. Gather as much information you can on their closing and contact you bank for a charge back.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Ok, thanks a lot. Massive help!

Only thing is I have been looking for information on their closure and can't find anything.

Just some information I have found:

Some gyms seem to be honoring Raven Gym memberships. This might not be true information but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

The two gyms are Go Gym in Greystones & Glenview Hotel in Bray.

As I have said this information might not be correct but it might be worth calling or popping into either gym to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Splash820 wrote: »
    Just some information I have found:

Some gyms seem to be honoring Raven Gym memberships. This might not be true information but thought I'd put it out there anyway.

The two gyms are Go Gym in Greystones & Glenview Hotel in Bray.

As I have said this information might not be correct but it might be worth calling or popping into either gym to find out.

CrossFit Strength & performance in Bray (not to be confused with CrossFit Bray although they might be doing a deal also??) have an offer on for Raven gym members at the moment!

Alan is the man to speak to! http://crossfitstrengthandperformance.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

shoreline bray and greystones are allowing members of raven to use their gyms for free until the end of June. Just saw it on facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

We're offering a free month if you had a membership with Raven that had outstanding time on it and also a 5 euro a month discount for all ex raven members in Go gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CMACSAFF

Has anybody tried the Glenview to see what they are offering? Would definitely give this a go if they honored the Raven membership.

I took a year long membership at the start of the year - didn't get to half of that but as above am surprised since it did seem busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mcarthur9

Would'nt kill them to post details to there loyal members on there website, in all fairness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement