Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAcc.UCD or UCC

Options
  • 22-05-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello everyone,

I just got an offer of Master of Accounting from UCD Smurfit Business School. (UCC as well)
    Could anyone give me some ideas about the class size of the MAcc. Programme in UCD?
    I live in Cork right now. Don't know which one to choose....

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

To be honest, I'd be inclined to take up the offer in UCC. A close friend did a masters in accounting there and they went straight into a job. As someone who has studied in both institutions, I don't see any benefit to leaving Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Do they differentiate between the exemptions they give you after? (presuming you are going to pursue accountancy?)

If not then UCC might be for you.

However, Smurfit has a lot of international recognition. They are one of sixty or so, schools worldwide that hold triple accreditation from the US, Europe and the UK accrediting bodies. The only place in Ireland that can boast that claim.

If you want to travel, it might be worth considering?

That said, both are very respectable universities and would be great on CV. Pull off a decent grade in either and you should have no problems landing a good job in Ireland.

Advertisement