Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone to get herself?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

A few of my friends have Nokia windows phones and a lot of features such as sharing videos/pictures via bluetooth or facebook aren't developed fully.

My friend tried to share a video on facebook, but there was no option, then tried sending it to me on whatsapp, again no option for pre recorded videos, only to record a new video within whatsapp or something stupid.

I really like android so it would be that or iOS for me. HTC are nice phones, but the cheaper ones have terrible memory, to the point where you cant use the phone, so make sure you get 4/8 gb internal memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

Kev_2012, Sharing via Facebook or Bluetooth is available on Windows Phone after taking the Picture or Video, or via the Photos title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

simi956 wrote: »
    Kev_2012, Sharing via Facebook or Bluetooth is available on Windows Phone after taking the Picture or Video, or via the Photos title

Huawei g510 on vodafone. 109 euros if porting snd bought thru fatcheese. Savage piece of kit for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭circadian

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    A few of my friends have Nokia windows phones and a lot of features such as sharing videos/pictures via bluetooth or facebook aren't developed fully.

My friend tried to share a video on facebook, but there was no option, then tried sending it to me on whatsapp, again no option for pre recorded videos, only to record a new video within whatsapp or something stupid.

I really like android so it would be that or iOS for me. HTC are nice phones, but the cheaper ones have terrible memory, to the point where you cant use the phone, so make sure you get 4/8 gb internal memory.

What??

Sharing in any way is the easiest on WP compared to anything I've seen. I've just taken a video, on my 7.8 device and the share button gives me the option of;
    Messaging
    Hotmail
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Whatsapp
    SkyDrive
    Bluetooth

And that's without going near a single app.

As someone else said the 520 is the best option in this budget. If you want an Android device you'll need to spend more to get a worthwhile experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

circadian wrote: »
    Sharing in any way is the easiest on WP compared to anything I've seen. I've just taken a video, on my 7.8 device and the share button gives me the option of;
    Sharing from WP to WP is fine - sharing from WP to any other device is a disaster.

How so?

EDIT: Just bluetoothed a picture to an iPhone no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Spipov wrote: »
    Huawei g510 on vodafone. 109 euros if porting snd bought thru fatcheese. Savage piece of kit for the price
    Whatever you do, keep away from the Samsung Galaxy Ace - it's totally out of date at this stage. The Sony line of phones in the past were pretty poor at getting updates, that appears to have changed these days, but I am still not sure I'd trust them.

I think the Huawei recommended above is probably the best option. Great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Thanks all I think I will get the lumia 520, she on meteor so couldn't be arsed going through unblocking the huawei etc..

Cheers

Let us know how it goes.

The interface took me a little while to get used to but once you get into the swing of it it's slick and fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Thanks all I think I will get the lumia 520, she on meteor so couldn't be arsed going through unblocking the huawei etc..

Cheers

Good choice and its the best option for her from the list.

Advertisement