Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual GTX 680 or GTX 690?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Best advise right now is to hold off for a few days as Nvidia are about to launch their new 700 series cards. The performance improvements are said to be at least 25% better than the 600 series equivalent.
    You might not be interested in the more expensive 700 series cards but their introduction should push down the price of the 600 series...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Well thanks very much for the quick reply! I was going to be spending around €800 on graphics so ill hold out and check out this new 700 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Handy to know as I'm currently in the market for a new build.

Where can I find out about these announcements?

Danger781 wrote: »
    Handy to know as I'm currently in the market for a new build.

Where can I find out about these announcements?
    NDA due to expire tomorrow at 3pm so the usual sites should be full of reviews and benchmarks.

SickBoy wrote: »
    NDA due to expire tomorrow at 3pm so the usual sites should be full of reviews and benchmarks.

What are the 'usual sites' though? I haven't really kept up with tech news :pac:

What's NDA?

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    What are the 'usual sites' though? I haven't really kept up with tech news :pac:

What's NDA?

Non disclosure agreement.
    Anandtech.com
    Tomshardware.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The 760ti is a rebadged 670gtx, the 770gtx is a rebadged 680gtx and the 780gtx is a cut down titan. You could be waiting a while to get ones with a decent after market cooler.

A single large 1440p screen would be better for gaming than 3 x 1080p screens imo. I wouldn't be able to handle those borders.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

9 is bigger than 8 and 7 could be anything in Graphic card land so with all that in mind I'd get an Xbox one.

SickBoy wrote: »
    Non disclosure agreement.
    Anandtech.com
    Tomshardware.com

Thanks :D Loving anandtech.. another work day going to be well spent I'd say :pac:

Well thanks very much for the quick reply! I was going to be spending around €800 on graphics so ill hold out and check out this new 700 series.

So what do you think? Glad you waited for the launch?
    I've ordered this EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX and should have it by Thursday according to the UPS tracker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Hows that working out for you? Just trying to make my mind up between the titan or 780, leaning towards the 780 price wise! and very happy i waited for the 700 series, thanks again!

I don't have it yet, it's left Tamworth as of 12:30pm so with a little luck I might have it tomorrow but more than likely Thursday as advised by the online tracker.
    I'll run some benchmarks and let you know what I think of it once I get it.

Looks like benchmarks are already available here.
    Very impressive I think.

Advertisement