Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permit Query

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

I rent on Woodbine Road near the Montrose hotel beside UCD. Parking there can be quite busy, esp. when during the college term.

They are now putting up paid parking on the road by the Montrose and Cranford Centre, which goes live from next Monday, 27th 2013.

Woodbine Road will now become even more jammed from next week (as this will remain free) and I fear won't get a parking spot now most days.

However, I'd imagine outside the Montrose and Cranford Centre will now become far quieter due to having to pay.

If I apply for a parking permit, could I park there, or how far does a parking permit spread to?

Is it just your road, or a few adjacent roads also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I rent on Woodbine Road near the Montrose hotel beside UCD. Parking there can be quite busy, esp. when during the college term.

They are now putting up paid parking on the road by the Montrose and Cranford Centre, which goes live from next Monday, 27th 2013.

Woodbine Road will now become even more jammed from next week (as this will remain free) and I fear won't get a parking spot now most days.

However, I'd imagine outside the Montrose and Cranford Centre will now become far quieter due to having to pay.

If I apply for a parking permit, could I park there, or how far does a parking permit spread to?

Is it just your road, or a few adjacent roads also?

The residents permits are zonal, but unless your own particular road is being included in the new control zone, you wont be able to apply for a permit for outside the Montrose or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

OP, from what I've heard, the council is planning to put paid parking on all of the residential roads around there soon, not just the current area on the Stillorgan Road, so your current space won't remain free for much longer.

In other areas that have paid parking, a certain number of permits are usually available to the property owner at an annual cost, so that may be an option, though may be dependent on your landlord. Best to discuss with him/her when the full paid parking scheme comes in.

Advertisement