Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert parking around Nowlan Park

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Will be be heading to Bruce Springsteen @ Nowlan Park and was considering driving there and I am wondering what the parking situation around the area is like? Are there any places that one could park till the concert is over?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If only there was a couple of acres nearby of a former agricultural trade centre that is paved that the council could open as a carpark for the night. Doubt there is though or it would be realised too late. I'd say you'll end up parking on the ring-road but I'm unsure if the gards will issue tickets or turn a blind eye for the night that's in it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Captain, you are spot on. Anybody with half a brain would cop on that there is a ready made money making machine there in the old mart but i'm not sure as the company are bust whether there would be ownership or insurance issues etc Celtictiger there are loads of places that would suit not a big walk away including a new car park just off John St that should be open by then, its at the back of O'Faolains, although i'm not sure who owns it. Otherwise Newpark have plenty of parking if you are in town early

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

I'm guessing they will provide a park and ride facility closer to the date (surely!?), possibly from Cillin Hill in?

I noticed for the league final Loughlin Gaels were offering parking in their grounds for the healthy price of €5, so that might be in place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

rayc wrote: »
    I noticed for the league final Loughlin Gaels were offering parking in their grounds for the healthy price of €5, so that might be in place again.

I think you can be sure that it will be happening again. Too much of a money spinner not to.

The only issue I can think of would be the fact that someone would have to be on the gate until quite late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Originally i think O’Loughlins had decided that a massive Marque was to be erected on the old main pitch and that this was going to be a car free zone. As they have a licence they will be allowing people into the club for drinks etc and will be hosting a BBQ, all in the hope that they make more money from that than just parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

Getting There

The concert is taking place at Nowlan Park GAA stadium, Kilkenny.

Traffic travelling to the event will be directed along designated routes to ensure that they arrive at the car park designated for that route. Each route will be colour coded and will coincide with the car parks in that area.

Traffic routes are as follows –

a) Traffic from Tipperary/ Clonmel travel in to Kilkenny on N76 and park in designated car park at St. James’ Park– Blue route
    b) Traffic from Waterford will travel to Kilkenny along M9 to Danesfort and then in on N10 to Nuncio Road – parking will be provided at James Stephens GAA grounds, Nuncio Road, Kilkenny or Kilkenny Rugby club, Foulkstown, Kilkenny (Park n’Ride) - Yellow Route
    c) Traffic from Wexford will travel along R700 through roundabout onto Bennettsbridge Road and will use car park at Nuncio Road - Green Route
    d) Traffic from Carlow and east will travel in on R712 to Cillin Hill car park (Park n’Ride) or Clara GAA (Park N’Ride) - Purple route
    e) Traffic from Dublin will travel down on M9 and into Kilkenny ring road along N10 to St Canices Hospital or diverted back out to Cillin Hill car park via Ring Road depending on capacity. Orange Route
    f) Traffic from Midlands will travel via Castlecomer and N77 to Kilkenny ring Road and will be diverted to car park at Orchard Bar Car Park, New Orchard Road– White Route
    g) Traffic from North Tipperary Limerick will travel via Freshford are in to Kilkenny and be directed to car park at St James Park - Red route
    h) Buses travelling to the concerted will have a dedicated bus parking area at the Old Cattle Mart at the junction of the Castlecomer Road and New Road.

Parking

A coach park will be available for coaches at the site of the Old Cattle Mart, (Junction of Castlecomer Rd and New Rd). Coaches may be drop off and pick up at this location.

Cars will be accommodated in the following areas;

(a) St Canice’s Hospital
    (b) St. James’s Park
    (c) Orchard Bar Car park
    (d) Kilkenny Rugby Club, Foulkstown, Kilkenny
    (e) James Stephens GAA Grounds Nuncio Road
    (f) Cillin Hill, Carlow Rd, Kilkenny.
    (g) Clara Gaa Pitch, Clara, Kilkenny

St James Park, St Canices Hospital, Cillin Hill, Clara GAA pitch, Kilkenny Rugby Club and Orchard Bar Car Park are outside the city centre.

A Park and Ride facilities will be operation from Cillin Hill, Clara GAA pitch and Kilkenny Rugby Club. Buses will enter onto the Hebron Rd and deposit persons at the entrance to the Hebron Ind. Estate. This will also be the pick up point after the concert.

Advertisement