Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel from Doonbeg village to the Lodge?

• 22-05-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I’ve been invited to a wedding at the Doonbeg lodge, as It’s my first time over in Clare I want to mooch about and see the sights but staying at the lodge for a couple of days would put a serious dent in my budget. I’ve looked at B&B’s in the village and they all look really good. My problem is getting to and from the village to the lodge, does anyone know if there is a local taxi firm, or if it is possible to walk between the 2 places? from Google maps the distance between the Village and the lodge is a couple miles along some back roads (are these open) which is only 40 mins or so.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

TL:DR – How would I get from Doonbeg lodge to the village late at night when I’ve had too much drink to be able to drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

saccades wrote: »
    Hello All,

I’ve been invited to a wedding at the Doonbeg lodge, as It’s my first time over in Clare I want to mooch about and see the sights but staying at the lodge for a couple of days would put a serious dent in my budget. I’ve looked at B&B’s in the village and they all look really good. My problem is getting to and from the village to the lodge, does anyone know if there is a local taxi firm, or if it is possible to walk between the 2 places? from Google maps the distance between the Village and the lodge is a couple miles along some back roads (are these open) which is only 40 mins or so.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

TL:DR – How would I get from Doonbeg lodge to the village late at night when I’ve had too much drink to be able to drive?
    You will not walk it. Too dark and dangerous (traffic). Local taxi in Kilkee - Joe <Mod snip>. Very reasonable guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Please don't post mobile phone numbers, PM them instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Lodge have their own minibus taxi service for guests. I'll pm you a few other local taxi numbers seeing as they don't want them put up here for some strange reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Finbarrk, Thanks for helping out the OP.

We don't allow posters to post other people's mobile numbers/email addresses for the following reasons:

• You can't always be sure the number/email address is correct
    • If it's for someone else, that person might not appreciate having their details posted
    • In five years time they might not like people contacting them, but details will still be seen on boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

They have enough of posters up in the pubs advertising their services anyway. Doubt if they would mind their numbers on this place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Thanks for all the replies and numbers - I found virtually nothing on the web.

Can't wait to come over and explore the area!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The reason we (i.e. mods) remove mobile numbers is that it can be hard to prove that they belong to a business, we are only volunteers with real world responsibilities so we can't always have the time to confirm the legitimacy of the number. There's known spam trawlers that will pull numbers out of public forums and sign people up for spam without their permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Just thought I'd follow up my initial post.

Had a brilliant weekend in Clare and the Doonbeg Lodge has a mini-bus service running through the night dropping people off at their B&B's etc.

I was worried that although I was at guest at the function, but not at the hotel that I wouldn't be able to avail of the service (hence the hunt for taxi numbers) - but they were happy enough to drop me at the lovely farmhouse B&B we were staying at.

Thank for all the PM's and extra details sent to me.

Advertisement