Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get royal canin for cats?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm pretty sure they would eat anything. They may like something more than something else, but they like everything. From broccoli to my doughnuts and bread :mad:

Well, you're luckier than us :D Our cat only likes specific flavours of certain brands (fish flavoured is a big no no). We also have to alternate the food so he doesn't get the same flavour wet food on two consecutive days. It remains untouched if we do that!

Cats never fail to amuse me. I would like to see a pic of your cats eating broccoli (ours loves doughnuts and all sweet cake type things too!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nody wrote: »
    I know the feeling; our cats are eating chicken with quail eggs in them!

Applaws Chicken break down is:
    And of course have slightly differnent parts going into it as well (i.e. no beet root etc.) but they are similar yes :)

Only step up really would be Taste of the Wild, Orijen/Acana (but that one is sold out in Zooplus for a month+ now) and Applaws (minor step up due to the ingridients) but honestly anyone of them are a high quality kitty food and it's going to be down to price vs. kitty preferences vs. personal preferences and they are all going to be great choice for your cat compared to RC.
    yeah I'd say tehy will all go over well. I jsut mentioned they were similar as I saw applaws has min 3% beet pulp
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Well, you're luckier than us :D Our cat only likes specific flavours of certain brands (fish flavoured is a big no no). We also have to alternate the food so he doesn't get the same flavour wet food on two consecutive days. It remains untouched if we do that!

Cats never fail to amuse me. I would like to see a pic of your cats eating broccoli (ours loves doughnuts and all sweet cake type things too!)

I'll try and catch one some time, I think they are mostly bread fiends. They turned the doughnut upside down and ate all teh bread, they left all the icing alone!

Funny that I had commented in this thread on our cat being fussy and not ordering too much of an unknown product. We ordered 48 pouches of Felix as good as it looks (our cat's food of choice) from Zooplus when we did the Royal Canin order. The cat refuses to eat them, it's German Felix and obviously isn't up to his standards. He hasn't eaten wet food for days so I had to give in and go to the shops to get him other pouches. He's unreal.

My parents cat (who loves pouches but gets tinned cat food) is now getting about 40 Felix pouches from us, so a good day for him!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The idea of my cats saying no to food is laughable!

You're smarter than us - our cat is too spoiled and now there''s no going back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm sure they'll surprise you one day; our cats used to be die hard for raw chicken (frozen for a week beforehand) and they would gobble down 1.5 breasts between them (and then flop for 12h digesting it all). These days they are just as die hard to come complaining and begging for chicken but if they are served they will simply sniff it, paw it around on the floor a bit and come back begging for more!

Nody wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll surprise you one day; our cats used to be die hard for raw chicken (frozen for a week beforehand) and they would gobble down 1.5 breasts between them (and then flop for 12h digesting it all). These days they are just as die hard to come complaining and begging for chicken but if they are served they will simply sniff it, paw it around on the floor a bit and come back begging for more!

Chicken is also very popular in our house. Interesting that even chicken can have it's day if they get it too often!

My parents cat loved his pouches, gobbled them down apparently so at least they didn't go to waste. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Chicken is also very popular in our house. Interesting that even chicken can have it's day if they get it too often!

My parents cat loved his pouches, gobbled them down apparently so at least they didn't go to waste. :)
    Serve 3/4 of the pouch in a bowl; leave the rest in the pouch and see the cat having a cat version of a frozen kong (yes I've had the mistake of leaving half empty pouches on a table going feeding some of our cats one time to many finding it on the floor with a cat having plenty of fun getting into it).

I haven't got one of broccoli but here is one of the cats eating rocket and loving it. I dropped loads on the floor by accident and she was all over it, mopping it up. They also love sweetcorn (and boxes).

mQHoayV.jpg

Talking about broccoli...

• Advertisement

That is fantastic! I tried our cat on broccoli the other day after reading this thread but no dice :)

That looks like my cat that loves broccoli!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Maxizoo in Limerick have 10 euro off large bags and 5 euro of small bags of Royal canin tomorrow.

Advertisement