Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivated?

Options
  • 22-05-2013 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

A few teachers today in school gave our class speeches .. some were really motivational and made you feel great despite what result you think you will get, if you will try your best, you will got the best result ever, the other teachers ... , you could hear it in their voices that they KNOW THEY HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH for the class and all the higher level students are bound to score low C's and D's.

My English teacher really motivated me somehow, I feel the adrenaline rush to strive an A in English:confused:. Tomorrow is our last English class ... he's giving us an Unseen Poetry test .. nothing like finishing 3 years worth of hard study and writing with a good ol' test :rolleyes:.

I hope other people feel the same, if you worked hard, there's nothing to worry! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

A few teachers today in school gave our class speeches .. some were really motivational and made you feel great despite what result you think you will get, if you will try your best, you will got the best result ever, the other teachers ... , you could hear it in their voices that they KNOW THEY HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH for the class and all the higher level students are bound to score low C's and D's.

My English teacher really motivated me somehow, I feel the adrenaline rush to strive an A in English:confused:. Tomorrow is our last English class ... he's giving us an Unseen Poetry test .. nothing like finishing 3 years worth of hard study and writing with a good ol' test :rolleyes:.

I hope other people feel the same, if you worked hard, there's nothing to worry! :)

I get motivated to study by hearing other people studying,
    If I hear or see a person studying, I am like ''This guy is studying 5 hours a day, then I have to study 10 hours a day' ''This guy is getting All B's then I have to get all As'''
    You know what is unfair that we have to wait and come in the last day of the JC just for our Italian exam
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    I get motivated to study by hearing other people studying,
    If I hear or see a person studying, I am like ''This guy is studying 5 hours a day, then I have to study 10 hours a day' ''This guy is getting All B's then I have to get all As'''
    You know what is unfair that we have to wait and come in the last day of the JC just for our Italian exam
    :)
    Yes! There's a 3-4 day gap between my last exam and my italian exam .. 3 days worth of cramming:eek::eek::eek::D. How many hours do you study a day?

Yes! There's a 3-4 day gap between my last exam and my italian exam .. 3 days worth of cramming:eek::eek::eek::D. How many hours do you study a day?
    Lucky you
    All I planning to do for Italian is learn the letter
    I done the oral and my teacher was the examiner :D and told me I got 18% out of 20% so All I need is another, what ? 27% to get an C(Which I would be delighted for both of my languages)
    Well to be honest I do not work in hours I have a schedule
    E.g.
    The first time I did Biology and 1st year geography course was last week on Friday and Sat, it took me 3 hours for each to to learn off, not I did it again and now it only takes me a maximum 1 hour and 30 mins to learn of biology and geog 1st year, I keep studying from year to year until it does not take a lot to revise it all over
    E.g today I plan to do history and business 1st year for the first time, it would probably take me 3 hours for history and 6 hours for business but when I do it tomorrow again they would be divided in half , it would only take me prob 2 hours for history and then 4-5 hours for business
    English and Maths I have it all studied, going to take a break from them now until prob Sunday
    Wood and Metal I will just learn the answer to each questions from the exam papers until 2006 as they tend to come up nearly similar questions every year.
    What about you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Lucky you
    All I planning to do for Italian is learn the letter
    I done the oral and my teacher was the examiner :D and told me I got 18% out of 20% so All I need is another, what ? 27% to get an C(Which I would be delighted for both of my languages)
    Well to be honest I do not work in hours I have a schedule
    E.g.
    The first time I did Biology and 1st year geography course was last week on Friday and Sat, it took me 3 hours for each to to learn off, not I did it again and now it only takes me a maximum 1 hour and 30 mins to learn of biology and geog 1st year, I keep studying from year to year until it does not take a lot to revise it all over
    E.g today I plan to do history and business 1st year for the first time, it would probably take me 3 hours for history and 6 hours for business but when I do it tomorrow again they would be divided in half , it would only take me prob 2 hours for history and then 4-5 hours for business
    English and Maths I have it all studied, going to take a break from them now until prob Sunday
    Wood and Metal I will just learn the answer to each questions from the exam papers until 2006 as they tend to come up nearly similar questions every year.
    What about you
    Italian oral?! We didn't get an oral :confused:. I just do a few bits and bobs every now and then, I know everything there is to known (except the languages) ...:rolleyes:

Italian oral?! We didn't get an oral :confused:. I just do a few bits and bobs every now and then, I know everything there is to known (except the languages) ...:rolleyes:
    You had an option to do
    it will be counted as 20% of your exam
    Knowing that I have 18% before I sit the exam sounds good :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement