Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Well done Leinster. You always need some luck to win a trophy. Ulster fans and players must be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That ones for Isa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Tough luck Ulster. They are a terrific side though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Well Done Leinster, deserved win and a hugely physical contest. Anyone who says the rabo is a mickey mouse competition need look no further than the commitment on show today

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gutted. Great game though. I cant say id be too annoyed if lacey never refs us again.

First half killed us.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Well done Leinster.

Deserved in the end.

Ulster will feel hard done by, but it all comes down to that Diack miss.

They would have won if he had just fallen over the line.
    Well I dunno if you could say they would've won, but it would have made a big difference.

Similarly Lacey choking when Leinsters scrum collapsed on our own line.

But I think Leinster were the better team. Jamie Heaslip is just so good.

Hook harping on about Jackson. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

as a neutral I was hoping Ulster would do it as its been a few years since they last got a trophy. Ulster had their chances and couldn't make the most out of them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

awec wrote: »
    Gutted. Great game though. I cant say id be too annoyed if lacey never refs us again.

First half killed us.

Diack killed your first half.
    Leinster tougher and Ulster didn't look as dangerous in attack. Great game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Ulster for all their progress still can't win a trophy, unlucky today though and unlucky of course to finish top of the league and have to play away which ultimately was key really as Leinster got more of the decisions

both sides evenly matched but Ulster don't know how to win finals, sometimes to get over the line you've got to be better than bad refereeing decisions and playing away in a big game or final and they're just not good enough to overcome those factors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Jennings motm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What was the story with Kearney?

Only watched a bit of the game....caught the commentator say something about a 6 week ban for abusing a referee and would miss the lions tour...what the hell was all that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    Hook harping on about Jackson. Pathetic.

What's he saying? I thought Jackson was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ha thats gas from Joe Schmidt.

Isa's getting older, decided only to play 70 minutes today :P

"Isa getting older. He only decided to play 70 minutes today." Gwan Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

mfceiling wrote: »

Only watched a bit of the game....caught the commentator say something about a 6 week ban for abusing a referee and would miss the lions tour...what the hell was all that about?

Dylan Hartley got sent of for Northampton today so Best could be going of with the lions if Hartley gets banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hartley sent off for abusing the ref in the premiership. Kearney pulled out with a tight hamstring I think

Gonna really miss Joe at Leinster, gentleman.

bilston wrote: »
    What's he saying? I thought Jackson was excellent.

Something about not being able to win when your 9 is your tactical kicker.

Kearney pulled out as a precaution.

Dylan Hartley is the guy facing the ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

End of an era ladies and gents.

• Advertisement

fitz wrote: »
    Diack killed your first half.
    Leinster tougher and Ulster didn't look as dangerous in attack. Great game!

our first half wad a mixture of diack an over zealous referee who made some appalling decisions.

Leinster were of course the better team and i do not begrudge them victory, but lacey had his say on the result today with some of those calls.

The pen at the end of the first half and the boss on Williams decisions were particularly unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well done Leinster. It wasn't quite a battle in the end. Our sloppy start killed us as did Diacks miss.

Anyway well done Leinster. No wonder Schmidt is smiling, two trophies and he will be encouraged by what he saw today from the young players too from an Irish perspective.

Looking forward to next season already.

SUFTU

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well done Leinster. You always need some luck to win a trophy. Ulster fans and players must be sick.

It must be hurting you because every single post you've made on this thread has been criticising those playing the game with nothing good to say about anyone.

Fantastic game, wonderful occasion. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

What a great send off for Isa, Johnny, and Joe. Great game to watch, and we've finally gotten our Pro12 win!

That's Heaslip as Leinster captain next year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great to see the joy on the faces of class players like Isa, Heaslip, BOD, Sexton.

Nothing better then winning it seems.

Congrats.

Hope to see Munster winning one again soon.

You'd think BOD would know how to open a bottle of champagne after all he's won in his career. :D

First Rabo final I've missed, first one they've won! (I saw them win an ML at least!)

Delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Poor Game always going to be one outcome, Again Ulster not giving us a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The showboat lifting the trophy ;)

Don't think so if he's Ireland captain

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

This defeat hurts more than thicken ham last year. Better team won no doubt but Lacey's performance... as a fellow referee I am loathe to criticise so i won't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

awec wrote: »
    our first half wad a mixture of diack an over zealous referee who made some appalling decisions.

Leinster were of course the better team and i do not begrudge them victory, but lacey had his say on the result today with some of those calls.

The pen at the end of the first half and the boss on Williams decisions were particularly unbelievable.

He, Lacey, may have gotten one or two wrong but overall I thought he was fair and consistent. I was watching the game on TV and you could see the reason for the most of the penalties awarded.

If you want the ref to be 100% right all the time you'll always be giving out, no player is 100% right all the time for example.

Cork24 wrote: »
    Poor Game always going to be one outcome, Again Ulster not giving us a good game.

I think you were watching the wrong game, fantastic match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Commiserations to Ulster. We are all too well aware of how it feels to be the best team throughout the year only to be pipped at the post. Best of luck for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

BBC NI tried to get Rory Best to comment on Dylan Hartley. Stupid question. He was too clever to engage with that in the slightest though. Good lad Rory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ulster made it difficult for themselves with that salvo of penalties in the first ten minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

A great game delighted for Leinster and gutted for Ulster a great evening for Irish rugby. One day us lads in the west will be there drinking to a victory or drowning sorrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Not sure you were watching the same game as everyone else. Thought it was a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Delighted finally the double (although with the Amlin instead of the Heino) Great send off for Joe, Johnny and Isa Isa Isa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Okay. At the start of the match Hook said Nacewa in for Kearney weakened Leinster's attack.

Now he's just said Nacewa is a better attacker than Kearney.

Can anybody explain this to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ambid wrote: »
    Okay. At the start of the match Hook said Nacewa in for Kearney weakened Leinster's attack.

It's Hook, does it need explaining? :pac:

Paul Wallace wants to make sure everyone knows he won the title in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You should have watched todays game then instead of last years HC final:rolleyes:

Anyway, well done Leinster. Yous aren't a bad side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

ambid wrote: »

Well, it is possible. Leinster's attack could still be stronger overall with Kearney and Nacewa on the pitch. I.e. if the gain from moving Nacewa to fullback doesn't compensate for the drop off between Kearney and Conway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

bilston wrote: »
    Well done Leinster. It wasn't quite a battle in the end. Our sloppy start killed us as did Diacks miss.

Anyway well done Leinster. No wonder Schmidt is smiling, two trophies and he will be encouraged by what he saw today from the young players too from an Irish perspective.

Looking forward to next season already.

SUFTU

Typical good sportmanship from Ulster fans. You have a great team and will dominate next year I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Great to see the Pro 12 final seems to mean more year on year. Looked like a great atmosphere and the game was on a knife edge until the end. Leinster needed that one after the last 3 finals.

3 trophies for Leinster this season is a fantastic return. Joe Schmidt will be a tough act to follow with a lot of change in the ranks also. Next season will be interesting.

For Ulster its disappointing but they have taken another step forward this season. The careless defeat at home to Northampton really set their season back. The Saracens game was poor but they at least brought it to the wire today after it looking like it could run away from them early on. They still have a way to go but they are going in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

great spectacle. hard luck ulster.

Great second-half from pienaar which brought them right back. Really beginning to believe PJ is just a passenger in that side and a serious handicap to ulster.
    Made a linebreak in each half, fair enough, but not much else other than that.

well done leinster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement