Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange Polish zloty?

Options
  • 22-05-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a good rate to sell a small amount of Polish zloty for Euros in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

a bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

a bank?
    A good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

A Polish person?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

A good rate.

Where are you expecting people to direct you?
    The banks, post offices etc all offer about the same currency exchange rate. The rates you see on xe.com and other various websites are the wholesale currency prices so you will NEVER get currency at that rate.

Apart from finding someone going to Poland who might swap it for Euros youre all out of luck if you dont want to exchange it in a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Where are you expecting people to direct you?
    If I knew the answer, I wouldn't have posted the question.
    Not all banks are the same, and there are also credit unions, bureaux de change, Polish shops, Polish people in Cork who travel to Poland, Irish people who go to Poland, internet currency dealers. I thought it likely that some boardsies regularly change zloty to euro and know where to get a good price.

Thinking again, it's probably the lowest commission, rather than the best rate that'll make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Get onto Cork Airport early morning before all flights to Poland departure and there's some chance you'll find 1 in 180 pax who is eager to do the deal with you.

Advertisement