Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patio Slabs

• 22-05-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have moving patio slabs.
    Each time I power-hose, the movement gets worse as the sand is blasted out.
    I re-sand but is there a more long term solution.

Should I mix some cement with the sand, brush it in and water ?

What is the ratio of cement to sand ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kbarnesie wrote: »
    I have moving patio slabs.
    Each time I power-hose, the movement gets worse as the sand is blasted out.
    I re-sand but is there a more long term solution.

Should I mix some cement with the sand, brush it in and water ?

What is the ratio of cement to sand ?

You can buy a product called permajoint

http://www.kilsaran.ie/home/product/permajoint-200/

You simply brush into the gaps and it goes hard in a day.It doesnt stain the slabs either...which you can get with normal sand/cement mx.

Most builders providers and also any good patio/paving centre will have it in stock.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You would need to sort out why the slabs are moving. Lift, re-set securely before re-doing joints.

Like most things, anything done incorrectly, is usually when problems arise.

If done correctly, sand and cement will not stain. FACT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

yeah, i second that, there's nothing wrong with sand and cement if done propoerly, and it would be cheaper than buying a proprietary jointing product. if the mix is right and care is taken it won't stain

Advertisement