Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed....for a novice

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

2vt3910.jpg

whats the left hand switch for?!

1z2gaco.jpg

looks to me as if there is a switch missing here, am I right ans what do i do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

It's the switch for lighting the fridge off gas.

You can get spare parts for the fridge on e-bay I replaced the switch and starter of mine with parts I got on ebay.

You are also missing the dial for the gas valve.

Bigger question is was it removed because of a problem with the gas, a leak perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

are you sure? I was guessing it was the switch for running on battery/mains that is missing...(I have the knob btw, just needs a dab of glue)

whats the switch in the forst pic for ? any ideas?

seems it is a gas only fridge.....my error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

corktina wrote: »
    2vt3910.jpg

whats the left hand switch for?!

1z2gaco.jpg

looks to me as if there is a switch missing here, am I right ans what do i do about it?

LH switch would be for a low amp circuit, not for charging (I hope!) , generally used for the likes if an outside light or similar. Is it a spring loaded or 2 way switch?

it's a two way switch....yellow dot COULD be a diode but doesnt light up..

• Advertisement

Didn't spot that at first. Did you try it while plugged into mains? Could be for a heater.

nothing happens when on mains either...I'm thinking it could be to energise the socket on the right...whatever thats for :-)

nothing happens when on mains either...I'm thinking it could be to energise the socket on the right...whatever thats for :-)
    Possibly. It's just a standard DIN 12v socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I'm sure about the missing switch I replaced mine have the same make fride.
    http://www.inter-spares.co.uk/electrolux/electrolux-dometic-caravan-fridge-spare-parts/rm4213/12v-switch-red-1.html
    You'll get it cheaper on E-Bay I'd reccomend replacing the ignition curcuit at the same time - but you will have to take out the fridge to do it.

thanks for that! I think in view of the age of the fridge, I'm just going to replace it ,hopefully with a re-condtioned three way unit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

have ya thought about buying one of them there fridges that plug into the cigarette light!

got a link at all Bugsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

got a link at all Bugsy?

i think lidl had them a while ago but check out ebay.if ya got one it could come over in the van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

The 12v cooler is handy for drinks and things but its not a replacement for a fridge. They only go a _max_ of 18 degrees below ambient in reality you probably see 15. So if you're van is sitting in the sun or your in kent or france or some other nice sunny place and its 30 degrees inside the van your cooler could be 12-15 degrees inside.

Also bear in mind that a 40l one runs continuously to maintain that kind of temperature at 4A meaning it will empty the average leisiure battery completely in 20 hours. You should never flattern your batteries though so you're talking more like 12-15 hours before needing a charge.

Advertisement