Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Juice?

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend juice(for the wingnuts starter with Kanger).
    I smoke 20(light) a day so dont want anything to strong.
    I'm more of a "quantity" smoker ie like to smoke often but nothing too strong:o
    Have looked the juices and have no idea what to go for.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Juices I love from the Wingnuts range are:

Wingnuts Wibble (tastes like chocolate skimmed milk drinks)
    Nut Juice (like a nutty tobacco)
    The Anto Mix (sort of sweetish tobacco)
    Kamikaze (fruity)
    ...and have just tasted Swedish Fish for the first time (it's in the parcel currently doing the rounds) and I LOVE it! NOt sure I can put my finger on what it tastes of, but it's sort of sweet and aromatic

other ones I've tried are:

Vampire's Kiss - mentholly strawberry and raspberry - nice if you like menthol, which I don't, much
    Honey Wood - loved this when I started vaping, but now it seems too perfume tasting for me
    RY4A - a tobacco flavour. I've gone off most tobacco flavours, but enjoyed them when I started vaping - tastes do change

If I were you, I'd try a couple of tobacco flavours, a fruity flavour, a dessert flavour and something a bit off-the-wall (Swedish Fish!)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Darkginger wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd try a couple of tobacco flavours, a fruity flavour, a dessert flavour and something a bit off-the-wall (Swedish Fish!)

I'd have to agree with Darkginger here - I'd also advise you to try a bit of everything.
    I think juice preference is by far the most subjective part of vaping. I've read rave reviews of juices, tried them for myself and almost gagged. When I started I got a whole load of different tobacco juices because I assumed that's what I'd want but I didn't like them at all. I also got a few coffee flavoured ones I thought I'd like because I love coffee, but I couldn't vape them at all. In fact, I have a small box full of bottles of juice that I didn't like when I tried them. I thought it's be a good idea to get loads of different juices at the beginning but in retrospect this wasn't the best idea for me. It would have been better just to get a few and figure out what sort of thing I liked - could have avoided ending up with a small box full of practically full bottles of juice.
    So, if I were you, I'd get a plain fruit flavour, a tobacco flavour, a dessert type flavour, something minty and then something a bit different like the Swedish Fish or Pink Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Darkginger wrote: »
    Juices I love from the Wingnuts range are:

Wingnuts Wibble (tastes like chocolate skimmed milk drinks)
    Nut Juice (like a nutty tobacco)
    The Anto Mix (sort of sweetish tobacco)
    Kamikaze (fruity)
    ...and have just tasted Swedish Fish for the first time (it's in the parcel currently doing the rounds) and I LOVE it! NOt sure I can put my finger on what it tastes of, but it's sort of sweet and aromatic

other ones I've tried are:

Vampire's Kiss - mentholly strawberry and raspberry - nice if you like menthol, which I don't, much
    Honey Wood - loved this when I started vaping, but now it seems too perfume tasting for me
    RY4A - a tobacco flavour. I've gone off most tobacco flavours, but enjoyed them when I started vaping - tastes do change

Thanks a mill for that DG.
    For a light cigarette brand smoker, who smokes about 20 a day, what mg in the above choice would you go for?

MollyZ wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with Darkginger here - I'd also advise you to try a bit of everything.
    I think juice preference is by far the most subjective part of vaping. I've read rave reviews of juices, tried them for myself and almost gagged. When I started I got a whole load of different tobacco juices because I assumed that's what I'd want but I didn't like them at all. I also got a few coffee flavoured ones I thought I'd like because I love coffee, but I couldn't vape them at all. In fact, I have a small box full of bottles of juice that I didn't like when I tried them. I thought it's be a good idea to get loads of different juices at the beginning but in retrospect this wasn't the best idea for me. It would have been better just to get a few and figure out what sort of thing I liked - could have avoided ending up with a small box full of practically full bottles of juice.
    So, if I were you, I'd get a plain fruit flavour, a tobacco flavour, a dessert type flavour, something minty and then something a bit different like the Swedish Fish or Pink Tiger.

I can get these with the kanger starter pack(T2)?
    (You know how they give 5 x 5ml bottles with that)

Yeah, I'm sure you can. You can just pick the five you want as part of your order as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm sure you can. You can just pick the five you want as part of your order as far as I know.

Do you know which strength to go for?

AFAIK, the Wingnuts juices are available in 20mg and 12mg so if I were you I'd get a couple of both because the strength of the juice is probably another thing you'll need to work out by trial and error. I smoke about 30-40 rollies a day and I started at 24mg but within a couple of days I realised that I couldn't really tell the difference between 24 and 18 and pretty soon I was adding 12 in at different times of the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Over vaped on the Sweedish fish myself. It was my only vape and I blew through 60mls of it.

I'm not sick of it, but really fed up with the lack of 'texture'.

It has a lovely taste, I always thought of it as a refreshers or a stinger bar.

I went ahead and ordered :

Vampire Kiss 12mg
    Orange Icecream 12mg
    Swedish Fish 12mg
    Ecto cool 12mg
    RY4-A 20mg

How did I do?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Cigarellos and Vampires Kiss are two of my favorites

• Advertisement

Orange ice cream is a good all day vape.

That's a decent selection Smidge. Best of luck with it. :)

That's a decent selection Smidge. Best of luck with it. :)

Couldn't have done it without all of the advice on here:)

No ALL I have to do is give up smoking :p:D

Don't give up straight away, that's my opinion. Start slow. Still have your morning fag and that, but later huff on your e cig and you should start to notice your wanting less and less fags.

Smidge wrote: »
    Couldn't have done it without all of the advice on here:)

No ALL I have to do is give up smoking :p:D

There are some very helpful and very knowledgeable people on here - I couldn't have done it without them either, and I'm sure that's true for a lot of us here.

In my opinion, one of the hardest parts about giving up smoking is deciding that you want to do it - and it seems like you've done that bit.

When the vaping gear arrives, try it out, get used to it, and then see how you feel about dropping the cigarettes. I'd be pretty much the opposite of what jamie72 said above about doing it slowly. I found after a couple of days I just wanted to get rid of the cigarettes because having one or two was just making me want to have ten or twenty! So I stopped completely after about 4 days vaping. It took a bit of will power but it wasn't hell on earth and I hadn't intended to do it that way at all.

Bottom line seems to be that different things work for different people and you'll know soon enough what's going to work for you.

I wish you the very best of luck with it. :)

I have given up the cigs a couple of times over the years(once for a two year stretch :() and was really going to give this my best shot.
    I was on here asking about the vap's a while ago, but wasn't really ready to stop smoking then.

Now I am.

The only thing is working the fecking things when they come in the post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

when i started vaping i didnt have it in my mind that i was giving up the smokes just that i was smoking something else or a differant brand. i think this didnt give me the fear factor associated with giving up the fags so the transition was pretty seamless.just smoked whatever fags i had left in my pocket while vaping at the same time and when the fags were gone they were gone and i thought no more of it.
    what i was left with was a craving for the flavour of the juice i got which i think i was extremely lucky in that the first juices i got i loved. they were vanilla with a few drops of drumm beat blend mixed in. tuesday i got some ry4 and im enjoying that also. im gonna switch between the two for as long as i can before getting adventerous and by that time the fags should be long forgotton

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Charge batteries -> 5 clicks to turn on, 5 clicks to turn off -> Attach the filled atomiser (T3 fills from bottom, T2 from the top) -> vape.

glicster wrote: »
    when i started vaping i didnt have it in my mind that i was giving up the smokes just that i was smoking something else or a differant brand. i think this didnt give me the fear factor associated with giving up the fags so the transition was pretty seamless.just smoked whatever fags i had left in my pocket while vaping at the same time and when the fags were gone they were gone and i thought no more of it.
    what i was left with was a craving for the flavour of the juice i got which i think i was extremely lucky in that the first juices i got i loved. they were vanilla with a few drops of drumm beat blend mixed in. tuesday i got some ry4 and im enjoying that also. im gonna switch between the two for as long as i can before getting adventerous and by that time the fags should be long forgotton

Did you find it difficult getting used to the actual "vaper" itself, ie cleaning, measuring etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

not atall. only because i like fidgeting with things,finding out how things work and stuff like that. im not vaping too long and im doing my own coils allready and only yesterday i repaired a friends ego battery.had to take it apart and resolder and add wires and this kinda stuff i enjoy doing so it has a hobby effect for me aswell. mixing the juice i done by accident and then experimented to repeat that accident to get the same results on purpose

edit.. youtube has lots of good vid reviews

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Any one try healthier smoker for there liquids the miss got a starter kit and one of their liquids but the bottle & label looks something from a copied DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Finally tried wingnuts vapefest Eire special, nice sweet vape, not an all day vape for me but a nice evening vape, worth a try.

Ps. For what it's worth I say get rid of the fags straight away, easing off them never really works for most people your, vape when you usually would smoke and you'll find you don't need to smoke.
    If your using an ego type bat with a carto or clearo I found that the Liqua Turkish tobacco was very good to begin with as an all day vape. Good luck.

redkid wrote: »
    Finally tried wingnuts vapefest Eire special, nice sweet vape, not an all day vape for me but a nice evening vape, worth a try.

Ps. For what it's worth I say get rid of the fags straight away, easing off them never really works for most people your, vape when you usually would smoke and you'll find you don't need to smoke.
    If your using an ego type bat with a carto or clearo I found that the Liqua Turkish tobacco was very good to begin with as an all day vape. Good luck.

I had to give up the Turkish Tobacco because I think the vapour smells like old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

jamie72 wrote: »
    I had to give up the Turkish Tobacco because I think the vapour smells like old people.

As an old person, do I smell like Turkish tobacco or does Turkish tobacco smell like me ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I always though old people smelled like musty, pissy, marmalade-cabbage. Some obviously smell nice, but the really auld ones always smell like that to me.

grindle wrote: »
    I always though old people smelled like musty, pissy, marmalade-cabbage.

Maramalade-Cabbage...haven't laughed as much in some time...thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Just tried Dekang Red Cow... Possibly the worst Juice I have tried yet...Really sweet and tastes of very strong Cherry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sounds a bit like T-juice high voltage - over powering fake-cherry taste with a menthol kick. I didn't think much of that. Their bubblegum is nice though, and Vamp vape - which tastes like a coconut custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

jamie72 wrote: »

Thats a nice way of putting it. Sadly I had to drop it as people at work were giving out about it smelling like cats... ehm, pee.
    I've had other terrible descriptions.

• Advertisement

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Thats a nice way of putting it. Sadly I had to drop it as people at work were giving out about it smelling like cats... ehm, pee.
    I've had other terrible descriptions.

I've had people encouraging me to vape the Halo Belgian Cocoa it smells that good!

Advertisement