Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request to use my footage (via Youtube)

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a request form a UK TV station via youtube to use some of my footage. Anyone ever been contacted like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's normal!

What's the footage of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ask for money ;) They should pay a fee, and a credit if you want to be promoted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Tallon wrote: »
    It's normal!

What's the footage of?

I had someone in touch a while back offering €150 for a skiing clip to use on their youtube channel but the licence was pretty much all formats exclusive use though. I havent gone back to them but that said its a clip thats never going to make me more then €150 any other way.

These clips are of an adventure race they said there doing a series on extreme sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ask them for payment of whatever amount you think is fair, but make sure you retain ownership and you're allowing them to use it for the intended purpose only

Advertisement