Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 pm picnic ideas

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

So I'm goin for a picnic this eve on a second date. Never been on one before at any stage. What do I bring. Bearing in mind its at 8 pm so I'm guessing 'dinner' ideas are kinda out. I've gotten as far as strawberries. Yes I need help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Get some nice crusty bread, some cheese, pate and some cold meats.
    A cold bottle of bubbles or two ;)
    Warm Blanket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oooooh I love picnics! Are you near a nice deli or even an M & S? Little tubs of goodies are handy and easily transportable. M & S do lovely little containers of stuffed vine leaves, olives and manchego cheese, chicken skewers, nice pate, crab sticks and then little fruit bowls with mango and pineapple.....OMG I want to go on a picnic now! :D

I think the advice from foodaholic is good, I'd also go with some bubbly and don't forget some plastic glasses. You want to bring some nice nibbly tapas type food as opposed to anything messy and awkward to eat.

Hope the date goes well!

Advertisement