Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Recommendations/Pricing

Options
  • 22-05-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im looking to get a small black and grey owl on my wrist (about 1" in width, 2" long). It's not my first tattoo, but I would like to know if there is anywhere (in Dublin) that does this kind of tattoo for a decent price. In my experience, paying through the nose does not always mean getting a great tattoo, and not many people can afford to be ripped off these days, especially when it's permanently stuck on your skin! :P
    Any and all information is more than welcome! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

TBH, most places would do something like that, but they will all charge different prices. All you can do really is call into a couple of them and get a rough idea of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Also, if you're getting something similar to that pic, the pic is actually quite detailed for a small piece, so could take some time to complete.

I don't think paying top dollar is being 'ripped off' at all, because you're paying for an artist's time, knowledge, break down and set up of studio, gear used, the tattoo itself and like you said, it'll be on your body forever. There are VERY few things you can get for a couple of hundred euro that last forever.

I'd say most good artists could do justice to a tattoo like that, so look at the likes of Snakebite, Colourworks, Skin City, Hydraulix, Zulu, Spilled Ink, etc etc. They all charge in or around 100 euro an hour, though.

It really depends on what you mean by a 'decent' price. If you're looking for 50-60 euro an hour type work, I don't know anywhere GOOD that charges those sort of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Like Eso said with that amount of detail it could take quite some time meaning it will cost more.

This took just over two hours and the majority of the time was spent on the outlining since there were so many little details such as the pages of the books etc.

You say paying through the nose does not always mean a good price and while I know some places rip people off I don't think you will find a good artist who charges anything less than €80 an hour. I know it can be frustrating having to wait or save sometimes but really at the end of the day it really is worth it. If you go for someone cheap and get a bad tattoo you could spend a lot more either getting it covered up or lasered off.

Advertisement