Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Romania

Options
  • 22-05-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

A close friend is moving to Romania with his Romanian gf. Can't remember which city but it's a bigger one. Just looking for general advice and thoughts/ experiences/ guidance.

Any general advice on working, searching for work etc. They have an apartment sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrewtfanning

Hi All
    I'm new on here, I am the friend mentioned in this post im moving to cluj-napoca to be with my partner who is orignaly from there. We already have an apartment which is a good start but would be very grateful on any advise anyone can give on living/working in romania. I will need to sort some work if anyone has any advise on what kind of work would be available for someone with limited ( make that no Romanian ) but a vast and varied business and customer support C.V

Many thanks in advance
    Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Hi All
    I'm new on here, I am the friend mentioned in this post im moving to cluj-napoca to be with my partner who is orignaly from there. We already have an apartment which is a good start but would be very grateful on any advise anyone can give on living/working in romania. I will need to sort some work if anyone has any advise on what kind of

work would be available for someone with limited ( make that no Romanian ) but a vast and varied business and customer support C.V

Many thanks in advance
    Andrew

Watch out for gypsies.They are 10% of people. You will only earn like € 400-500 for this type of work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I lived in Bucharest for 7 months, had a Romanian girlfriend. From my experiences the people are very friendly and the city has a great night life. I worked as an English tutor for a language company and the pay was pretty basic, I made money on the side doing 1 to 1 tutoring of students preparing for their final exams in English. Summer time in Romania is HOT. The cities in the south can get up to 35 degrees. I have been to most of the major cities of Romania but never to Cluj, although I hear it is beautiful. I'd say your best bet is English teaching. You may get work with a multinational if like you say you have a history of working within business and customer care. But more than likely they'd choose a Romanian over you (Mainly because so many of them speak 2/3/4 different languages). I stuck with the teaching for my time there although I didn't have a TEFL cert but a BA and Msc so they kind of took me on my word that I could teach :D. Try your luck with that.

Advertisement