Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London - Suspected Terrorist Incident

Comments

me bolly wrote: »
    He wasn't dead when they pulled him from the car

He wasn't in the car! The attackers were in the car, drove the car at the poor man knocking him down and once he was immobilised, they hacked him up.

The eyewitness, James, said that the victim was on the ground when the attackers got out of the car. His first thoughts were that they got out to resuscitate him. Then, in front of James' eyes, their real intent unfolded.

No gun will stop you being hit by a car from behind and I really can't work out your thought process in thinking it would.

• I think your last post said this izzy

One of my best friends in London is a Pakistani Muslim. One of his (now ex) Facebook friends, a Pakistani-born guy who came to England to study, used to post statuses like 'fck this country and everyone in it', 'English women are all sluts who deserve to be raped' - maybe people like that? Who, you know, show indications that they have absolutely no respect for the society they live in and want to destroy it?

and now you are saying that they said

that they hate Britain and can't wait for it to be blown up?

which is it Izzy.

Those two sentences were only an example of what he posted on Facebook. Not the only things he's ever said against Britain. He told friends, including my best mate, that the Tube bombings were one of the best days of his life and he'd love if it happened again. I didn't think I needed to post each and every statement the guy has made in the last 3 years because I assumed anyone with a functional brain would get the general idea of his attitude from the example I gave without me having to spell it out. Yes, we are very different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Those two sentences were only an example of what he posted on Facebook. Not the only things he's ever said against Britain. He told friends, including my best mate, that the Tube bombings were one of the best days of his life and he'd love if it happened again. I didn't think I needed to post each and every statement the guy has made in the last 3 years because I assumed anyone with a functional brain would get the general idea of his attitude from the example I gave without me having to spell it out. Yes, we are very different people.

we can only go with what you post on boards - non of us are mind readers.
    hearsay's a b*atch - a bit like chinese whispers if you ever played that game.
    so you would like all people who are not "english" to be sent back to where
    they came from because you heard from a friend of a friend on Facebook
    that somebody said something bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Gatling wrote: »
    Was thinking MP5 or G36c at least
    There been so much info posted on Twitter I'd say it will take a few days to get the actual details
    Yeah, because the gun the cops used to shoot them is the important thing here.

Good typing for one hand though, I'm impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

Forget Iraq2 for a minute, these guys were harping on about Afghanistan.

ISAF was formed under UN mandate at the request of the Afghan government. The whole intention is to bring about stability and security to the country.

The Taliban are intent on creating their own version of an Islamic theocracy and are using intimidation and threat to the civilian population to help bring this about.

ISAF are protecting schools from attack because the Taliban don't believe girls should be educated. They are defusing IEDs in civilian areas that the Taliban are planting to intimidate civilians. ISAF are protecting civilians from the Taliban who, incidentally, in the main non Afghanis.

well said.
    protecting girls like this,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-britain-pakistan-malala-idUSBRE92I0ZZ20130319

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Too many civilians are being killed and traumatised. We call that terrorism here. Unlike guns and agents on the ground bombs don't care about who's nearby and tend not to change their minds once they've been launched.

But it still boils down to effect. You disagree with drone strikes because they sometimes kill civilians. I don't, I just diagree with acts that kill civilians.
    There are many purposes for war. What do you think the purposes are. Kill baddies?

Pretty much, if that's what you call enemy combatants.
    You made an assertion you called it an unjustifiable murder. I did not explicitly disagree. I responded with this:

You responded by trying to blacken the character of the victim in an attempt to justify your name.
    Now MM is saying he wasn't 'an innocent lad' which calls into question your 'unjustifiable murder' assumption and not my questioning of your arrogance around the issue.

Unless MM served right next to him then I can;t see how he could make that claim, or that you could.
    You have some knack for trying to twist logic. I've been arguing about the blowback and civilian killings caused by drone strikes. If this guy was sitting in a pub and they blew it up then imo the deaths of the civilians around him would be unjustifiable.

That's incredibly rich coming from you.
    Good old Mr Strawman. Engage my points or don't bother quoting them.

I've engaged plenty. It's you who keeps trying to widen the issue to bring in your anti war politics.
    Absolutely they can - a point lost on many here when it comes to 'our side'.

Yet I've never seen you in your current or previous boards life condemn an act like this. All you seem to do is try and blame the governments.
    Now we have Mrs Straw-woman. Maybe she'll marry Mr. Strawman and they'll have lots of little straw-babies so you'll have a plentiful sup.... you're breeding them aren't you?

It was your quote remember. I simply reversed it to reflect your views.
    I would have thought it rather normal to build up a picture of someone's levels of knowledge and general views on issues by their post history.

And if their full post history is not visible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Oh look, only 70 people killed in Iraq in one day; a country the British left to rot after completely decimating their infrastructure.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/wave-of-iraq-bombings-leaves-over-70-dead-29282102.html

This should be all over the news; it is after all a huge part of the cause of this incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The Taliban are intent on creating their own version of an Islamic theocracy and are using intimidation and threat to the civilian population to help bring this about.

And they'll have it too most likely.

Let's get one thing out of the way in case there's any doubt. I fucking despise the Taliban the medieval scum and I consider every kill of one of those dirt-bags as a small victory for civilisation.

Anyhoo, the problem I have is with the half-arsedness of the job more so than the actual occupation. If you're interested on how they botched read 'Confessions of a Vulcan' and then you'll see that they dropped the ball very early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

kling wrote: »
    Total bollix.

Next!

Thats some fine arguing

• Advertisement

• space_man wrote: »
    parts of England & London in particular have been destroyed by unfettered immigration.
    people especially the PC bleeding heart variety prefer not to accept this.

I wouldn't go that far. I would say that pretending immigration and multiculturalism haven't brought some serious issues to London is extremely naive, as is pretending that the issues surrounding multiculturalism don't apply to people born in English with British accents. The latter is one of the strangest opinions I've heard in a long time. You're born in a country and you suddenly fit in perfectly and your skin colour, religion, values, family traditions aren't an issue at all - ta da!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

mattjack wrote: »
    You're suggesting I don't understand ...... this from the person who suggests people from the Middle East live in caves and even paying the slightest bit of attention to the media this morning would inform you the two men were of Nigerian background.

Keep rolling your eyes , chump ,they're the most active thing you got going in your head this morning.
    Irony is lost on you I fear. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Can we all agree that two wrong don't make a right?

Suppressing free speech and freedom of religion or expression is wrong.

Rigging elections is wrong.

Genocide is wrong.

Carrying out terrorist attacks is wrong.

Killing civilians indiscriminately is wrong.

Attacking and killing an unarmed man on the street is wrong.

Inciting hatred against all members of a religious group is wrong.

I'm sure everyone can agree that. None of them excuses another. So why is it that people here keep trying to argue that any of these are in some way justified by what's happened before.

• theUbiq wrote: »
    Oh look, only 70 people killed in Iraq in one day; a country the British government left to rot after completely decimating their infrastructure.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/wave-of-iraq-bombings-leaves-over-70-dead-29282102.html

This should be all over the news; it is after all a huge part of the cause of this incident.

FYP. Please remember that a massive proportion of us are not in favour of any of this and have no say in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rockygsd123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaN7quv48jk
    I found this pretty interesting....he is suggesting that maybe there's a political reason behind this. Do you guy's think it may be political or just the actions of 2 sad retards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

The open door policy of Labour really worked out for the best.

He was born in the UK, 28 years ago. I am fairly sure Labour were not in power at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaN7quv48jk
    I found this pretty interesting....he is suggesting that maybe there's a political reason behind this. Do you guy's think it may be political or just the actions of 2 sad retards?

2 sad retards all the way if this is terrorism them the IRA were some serious over achievers

He was born in the UK, 28 years ago. I am fairly sure Labour were not in power at that time.
    The preachers who converted him to hate would have benefited from the open door policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

UK is a multicultural success story

I felt bad you couldn't continue your agenda v multiculturalism so I'll bite. How so? Maybe I've missed out but incidents like this must be a regular occurance yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The preachers who converted him to hate would have benefited from the open door policy.

You must be fierce tired from lugging those goalposts around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

theUbiq wrote: »
    Oh look, only 70 people killed in Iraq in one day; a country the British left to rot after completely decimating their infrastructure.

saddam husseins killed over 1.5 million muslims,you have a very short memory

• Advertisement

You must be fierce tired from lugging those goalposts around.
    Learning my trade well from the liberals on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

SB2013 wrote: »
    You disagree with drone strikes because they sometimes kill civilians.

They're getting a 1 significant kill to 49 collateral kills rate according to a US study out of Stanford. That's not 'sometimes kill civilians'. That's mass murder.
    I don't, I just diagree with acts that kill civilians.

Then you disagree with drones strikes.
    Pretty much, if that's what you call enemy combatants.

You've never heard the term 'spoils of war' and 'military industrial complex' I guess. Okay, we'll leave that there.
    You responded by trying to blacken the character of the victim in an attempt to justify your name.

Bollocks. Don't misrepresent me. I said he was a soldier in the BA I have no idea of the character of the man and it's not relevant anyway.
    Unless MM served right next to him then I can;t see how he could make that claim, or that you could.

He was a soldier in an army. They are trained to kill. They are not civilians.
    I've engaged plenty. It's you who keeps trying to widen the issue to bring in your anti war politics.

Oh noes, he might be anti-war. That's just so wrong.

I'm not anti-war btw, sometimes you've got to fight. I'm anti-hubris, anti-empire, anti-incompetence that leads to unnecessarily suffering.
    Yet I've never seen you in your current or previous boards life condemn an act like this.

And you've done little but put a good versus evil spin on such acts while trying to shout down any exploration of the events that lead to them.
    All you seem to do is try and blame the governments.

You mean specifically the incompetent pricks who tend to end up in governments like Tony Blair who ignored the will of the British people and sent young men to kill and be killed in Iraq 2? Hell yeah.
    And if their full post history is not visible?

Enough of it on particular issues to extrapolate. By my interactions with you - you've a very black-and-white way of thinking of the world and it's a little bit too Cowboys and Indians but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm flattered by your interest in me but we're done here.

Just to clarify. If we're not tarring all with the same brush are we 'liberals'.

Which, by the way, if youre using that as an insult is the worst insult I've received since 2nd class when someone called me blonde head (I had blonde hair)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

In regards to it being a "terrorist" attack its IMO not that. Its just 2 deluded fail@life retards that should've won a darwin award for their stupidity murdering a stranger. Hell I wouldnt regard them as "muslims" even since normal muslims dont go round doing these things rather its psychotic mentally retarded "jihadists" that do these things. These things shouldnt be overblown by the media because this is exactly what these retards want. As for the poor guy killed by them its definately not something that should be done to anyone and I hope theyre locked up in a room by themselves for the rest of their natural lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just to clarify. If we're not tarring all with the same brush are we 'liberals'.

Which, by the way, if youre using that as an insult is the worst insult I've received since 2nd class when someone called me blonde head (I had blonde hair)
    blonde wow,i am a red head[no hair- just a red head]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Funny how this was 'an act of terrorism'

but when a white man hacks a 75 year old Pakistani man to death it hardly gets a peep in the news. Cameron didn't fly home for this, nor was Cobra called into action.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police
    Mohammed Saleem, who used a walking stick, was stabbed three times in the back as he returned home from prayers at his local mosque in Small Heath, Birmingham, on Monday night.

The blows were struck with such violence they penetrated to the front of his body.

But sure, yea, it's not like the UK media ever over react to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Not going to happen all the sons of Allah understand is hate and violence.

Generalise much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Nah, don't sell yourself short.
    You pulled your terrible rhetoric up by it's dishonest bootstraps.

Be proud of that, it's all you have.

Funny how this was 'an act of terrorism'

but when a white man hacks a 75 year old Pakistani man to death it hardly gets a peep in the news. Cameron didn't fly home for this, nor was Cobra called into action.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

But sure, yea, it's not like the UK media ever over react to anything.
    Thats disgusting. But tbf the public murder and mutilation of that guy yday prompted such a reaction from the media. It was a shocking thing to witness I'd imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 kling

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thats some fine arguing

Thought it was pretty concise, succinct, and cut to the heart of the matter.

Next!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

They're getting a 1 significant kill to 49 collateral kills rate according to a US study out of Stanford. That's not 'sometimes kill civilians'. That's mass murder.

Then you disagree with drones strikes.

You've never heard the term 'spoils of war' and 'military industrial complex' I guess. Okay, we'll leave that there.

Bollocks. Don't misrepresent me. I said he was a soldier in the BA I have no idea of the character of the man and it's not relevant anyway.

He was a soldier in an army. They are trained to kill. They are not civilians.

Oh noes, he might be anti-war. That's just so wrong.

I'm not anti-war btw, sometimes you've got to fight. I'm anti-hubris, anti-empire, anti-incompetence that leads to unnecessarily suffering.

And you've done little but put a good versus evil spin on such acts while trying to shout down any exploration of the events that lead to them.

You mean specifically the incompetent pricks who tend to end up in governments like Tony Blair who ignored the will of the British people and sent young men to kill and be killed in Iraq 2? Hell yeah.

Enough of it on particular issues to extrapolate. By my interactions with you - you've a very black-and-white way of thinking of the world and it's a little bit too Cowboys and Indians but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm flattered by your interest in me but we're done here.

Fair enough. It's fairly telling though that when given an opportunity to condemn the act you chose not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Timmyctc wrote: »
    It was a shocking thing to witness I'd imagine.

no doubt, but the overreaction has been ridiculous. People immediately blame terrorism for everything now.
    The sh!t in Norway........terrorism
    Boston.........terrorism
    London riots.......terrorism
    etc.

People are more than willing to jump the gun and let their prejudices boil over, rather than looking for the facts and then looking for reasons as to why these things happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I thought what happened yesterday was a sickening attack. The video of the man with the meat cleaver on ITV News was extremely chilling. Even the woman who walked beside him with that trolley beside her couldn't do anything either as she might have been terrified of having even one encounter with him.

I have two friends (with their identities sealed) that only live a half an hour away from Woolwich. They would work around Greenwich on a regular basis every week or so. If they heard this on the news last night; they would be living in fear for their lives.

My two friends could have also travel around to other parts of the world as they are outgoing types. If they have seen this on Sky or CNN at any time they would look away at an instant.

I also heard the attack which happened yesterday had taken place close to a primary school and it was in lockdown which could have been very disturbing for the children, staff and parents.

My own response to this is that the innocent people who were staying around the attackers yesterday while being filmed wouldn't have any possible choice to stay away from them.

How would they possibly take the law into their own hands and try to defend themselves to take care of own safety in these circumstances? It just wouldn't seem as a credible option with the attackers message being spouted all over the news.

It was the job of the Met Police to do that; they did a great job in trying to calm the place down and restore the peace 'to an extent' that was there before.

It is a frightening prospect to even think about in this day and age. It makes our world a more dangerous place to let this attack happen in broad daylight.

May the poor man who was killed yesterday rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I wouldn't go that far. I would say that pretending immigration and multiculturalism haven't brought some serious issues to London is extremely naive, as is pretending that the issues surrounding multiculturalism don't apply to people born in English with British accents. The latter is one of the strangest opinions I've heard in a long time. You're born in a country and you suddenly fit in perfectly and your skin colour, religion, values, family traditions aren't an issue at all - ta da!

I agree with that to be honest. In a city where literally every country in the world has a community, there are bound to be a number of problems that stem from these cultures. There are violent Irish Traveller feuds, Turkish gang fights, Somali crack dealers, Roma scams, female genital mutilation, honour killings, forced repatriation to marry, torture of children over "witchcraft" etc etc. I've read about all of those happening in London in the past month in various media outlets; there's countless other examples I'm sure.

The question is how you approach that reality though. Some people here think it's as easy as "send them back where they came from", a load of outdated claptrap that 1) has no basis in social or ecnomic reality and 2) wouldn't work in the first place. London has been a multicultural place for hundreds of years. It isn't a new development like. Migration is an inescapable reality for us in the west.

By all means criticise sexist behaviour toward women when it rears its head and we should have no problem shouting down religious fundamentalism and child abuse when it emerges, and neither should we have any tolerance for those who preach hatred or violence or anything like that no matter who it comes from. But neither should we tolerate the insinuation that violence or sexism etc is representative of an entire community when it isn't. In my union I work with people from all backgrounds; Mauritian baggage handlers, British Muslim IT technicians, Irish people, black African shop stewards, etc etc. It's what most people in London do, and broadly speaking it works. Trying to portray some sort of impending apocalypse is bullsh*t, and a dangerous line of thought has been used many times in the past with predictable outcomes.

TL/DR

Have no tolerance for lawbreaking or fanatical behaviour - also no tolerance for hysterical and divisive racist sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I wonder how many murders have been carried out in broad daylight in Ireland in the last few years, why is there such a reaction to this?

Once the word terrorist is used all panic breaks loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

FTA69 wrote: »
    I agree with that to be honest. In a city where literally every country in the world has a community, there are bound to be a number of problems that stem from these cultures. There are violent Irish Traveller feuds, Turkish gang fights, Somali crack dealers, Roma scams, female genital mutilation, honour killings, forced repatriation to marry, torture of children over "witchcraft" etc etc. I've read about all of those happening in London in the past month in various media outlets; there's countless other examples I'm sure.

The question is how you approach that reality though. Some people here think it's as easy as "send them back where they came from", a load of outdated claptrap that 1) has no basis in social or ecnomic reality and 2) wouldn't work in the first place. London has been a multicultural place for hundreds of years. It isn't a new development like. Migration is an inescapable reality for us in the west.

By all means criticise sexist behaviour toward women when it rears its head and we should have no problem shouting down religious fundamentalism and child abuse when it emerges, and neither should we have any tolerance for those who preach hatred or violence or anything like that no matter who it comes from. But neither should we tolerate the insinuation that violence or sexism etc is representative of an entire community when it isn't. In my union I work with people from all backgrounds; Mauritian baggage handlers, British Muslim IT technicians, Irish people, black African shop stewards, etc etc. It's what most people in London do, and broadly speaking it works. Trying to portray some sort of impending apocalypse is bullsh*t, and a dangerous line of thought has been used many times in the past with predictable outcomes.

TL/DR

Have no tolerance for lawbreaking or fanatical behaviour - also no tolerance for hysterical and divisive racist sh*t.

probably too late for large swathes of urban Britain, but let us not make the some mistake of allowing them in here.
    don't swallow the politician's PC claptrap. they are insulated/removed from these problems.
    if your average white Briton could turn the clock back to where we are now in terms of immigration, they would bite your arm off to do so.

this could easily be Ireland in 10 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wonder how many murders have been carried out in broad daylight in Ireland in the last few years, why is there such a reaction to this?

I'm guessing it's simply because it seems to be a politically / religiously motivated killing. That's what terrorism is... it's less about the act itself and more about the message it's designed to send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

no doubt, but the overreaction has been ridiculous. People immediately blame terrorism for everything now.
    The sh!t in Norway........terrorism
    Boston.........terrorism

London riots.......terrorism
    etc.

People are more than willing to jump the gun and let their prejudices boil over, rather than looking for the facts and then looking for reasons as to why these things happen.

What are you on about? Norway and Boston were clearly ideological acts of terrorism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wake up call for the the british ,

Britain is dying and it's been dying for years.

I'm lefty and I am all for (controlled) immigration, but it's at the point over there where it's just absurd. I would even go so far as to limit Muslim immigration and have intensive background checks on ANY Muslim who wants to enter the country to amke some sort of effort to check how far their "Islam" stretches.

Our own lot should be drawing up their own measures too.

Of course the vast majority of Islamic people are perfectly fine, but it's the nutters that need to be weeded out. How long will it be before it's random people getting machetted in the streets?

Unbelievable story. Absolutely horrifying.

• Advertisement

It happens because like all religious zealotry, it preys on those with little going for them and gives them a cause and something to believe in. It's why religion (of all denominations) is a massive hit in prisons. It also offers a sense of belonging to people who may never have had much going on to begin with. Saying that these crackpots are a direct response to imperialism in the Middle East is nonsense. Sure look at your man in France who went on a rampage not so long ago. Islamic fundamentalism thrives the same way mad evangelical Christianity thrives in the US and South America; it's not really rooted in politics at all.

space_man wrote: »
    probably too late for large swathes of urban Britain, but let us not make the some mistake of allowing them in here.
    don't swallow the politician's PC claptrap. they are insulated/removed from these problems.
    if your average white Briton could turn the clock back to where we are now in terms of immigration, they would bite your arm off to do so.

this could easily be Ireland in 10 years time.

Bollix!

Next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nino Brown wrote: »
    That won't help much if they are British

One wonders how "British" these assholes were.

I bet your life that they didn't call themselves "British". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Difference probably is that those murders in Ireland, the killers ran away and didnt want to be seen.

Yesterday this guy wanted to be seen, wanted his "message" recorded and basically threatened an entire nation.

• FTA69 wrote: »

TL/DR

I don't think most people are doing that. The buffoons from the EDL are a vocal minority and most British people are as embarrassed by them as most Muslims are embarrassed by the scum who murdered the soldier yesterday. A lot of people THINK people are being racist/bigoted when they're really just telling it as it is - multiculturalism has many downsides which need to be addressed, not brushed under the carpet.

inforfun wrote: »
    Yesterday this guy wanted to be seen, wanted his "message" recorded and basically threatened an entire nation.

With a couple of knives and a rusty revolver that didn't work. A nation quakes in fear.

Any reasonable person can judge the threat posed by idiots like these. It doesn't call for damning an entire religion, pretending multicultural Britain is a failure, or that deporting the darkies is a solution to anything. To that end these idiots have succeeded in highlighting the lack of reason around these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Irony is lost on you I fear. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The police who didn't shoot to kill in this instance should be sacked, these guys brains should have been blown out by the police the minute they rocked up.

Stinicker wrote: »
    The police who didn't shoot to kill in this instance should be sacked, these guys brains should have been blown out by the police the minute they rocked up.

The UK (thankfully) doesn't have capital punishment. Two wrongs etc...

. A lot of people THINK people are being racist/bigoted when they're really just telling it as it is - multiculturalism has many downsides which need to be addressed, not brushed under the carpet.

But a distinction also needs to be made when people say "Muslims do x and y" as if all people of that faith are the same or that Islam itself is automatically predisposed to violence. The fact is that just isn't the case but many are pretending it does. You can see that in this thread and people I thought were sane are now on Facebook banging the "send them home" drum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

kling wrote: »
    The UK (thankfully) doesn't have capital punishment. Two wrongs etc...

The reason things like this happen is because of that sort of politically correct attitude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement