Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London - Suspected Terrorist Incident

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Cungi wrote: »
    Oh ok, you're trolling then?

and now the Trolling card ! Fire away .. you're on a roll here ..

He's on again now

Nasty piece of work that Choudry. Would not denounce the murder yesterday. Typically, ran on his own tangent. I think newsnight should cancel his appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Super-Rush wrote: »
    EDF Energy has been bombarded with tweets because they were apparently holding racist protests last night in Woolwich.

Its the paediatricians that we should all worry about, they look like the rest of us. Perverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Choudry on Ch4 now....lock him up

For sure he's one seriously unbalanced individual,I very much doubt that the cave exists in which this lad would be at peace.

However,this U.S. CBN piece does go some way towards explaining how young British-Nigerian converts to Islam can be motivated to slaughter unbelievers on their local high streets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eoHMicqnz8

I'd say that lad would have no problem puttin manners on the Missus !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kirb42 wrote: »
    Nodin... If you care to listen to the young man in question, The knife wielding, miss understood guy... in the video of the aftermath his speaks of, and I quote (I apologise that women had to witness this today,but in our lands, our women have to see the same) Home thoughts from abroad maybe....

....given he's a self appointed jihadi, he's doubtless talking about "muslim lands".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Alfred123 wrote: »
    and now the Trolling card ! Fire away .. you're on a roll here ..

Right, so you genuinely believe this comment that you made?
    Alfred123 wrote: »
    i think we should arm Everybody. And sort this thing out for once and all. Then we can all defend ourselves from whatever ..

And what is that goin to acheive apart from bring about more death and misery?

LorMal wrote: »
    I agree. Shocking bitter nonsense

If it's shocking bitter nonsense you want then Honest Anjam is hard to beat ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qmpkFEMAI

I reckon he'd be a good candidate in the next local elections....I'm sure Alan Shatter could arrange an oul Passport for him n all....:o

Mind you,he neatly encapsulates the most pressing issues for modern Islam to deal with....their Internal ones !!!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

Cungi wrote: »
    Right, so you genuinely believe this comment that you made?

And what is that goin to acheive apart from bring about more death and misery?

and now, I'm an Idiot ! I really cant take any more of this - you're givin me a Complex you are ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Nodin wrote: »
    ....given he's a self appointed jihadi, he's doubtless talking about "muslim lands".

No need for the British authorities to contact Nigerias Department of State Security then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yes, in the eyes of some, notably those involved yesterday.

so Ireland is involved then, glad we sorted that out.

biko wrote: »
    Yeah they really managed to find a gem there :D

Tbh, you can always find extremists if you look hard enough

Maybe Tommy Robinson EDL getting punched will warm someone's heart.
    Amazing how many of the things that he says are in Islam are in Christianity too.
    One of two was previously seen outside Mosques calling on Muslims to join the terror campaign in Syria.
    Since the UK/US/European governments can't quite decide which side is which, why don't you go ahead and enlighten us which side is the terrorists in Syria.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Crazy to think the poor chap survived tours of Afghanistan and then got hacked to death in London.
    Bit like the two soldiers killed in Massereene in 2009, they were heading to Afghanistan the next day before they were killed by, probably, a couple of white guys while they were getting a pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

"Muslim lands", Yeah I've heard that being branded around all day,back to the guy in question... apparently his parents raised him a christian, from Nigerian roots, switches to being a self appointed Muslim jihadist...his troubles began early I'd say...I find no grounds to offer any support or excuses for his actions...I would guess, he has represented 99.9% of all law abiding Muslims wrongly by his actions, in turn, perhaps it's time for the 99.9% to speak up...however like in our own past, speaking out against the church, is not an easy task...in Ireland you might get your self banned from the pews...try that in other parts of the world and you'll loose your head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

Great credit must go to MI5 & UK security services.
    That these idiots have had to resort to such crude, unsophisticated, almost neanderthal methods is proof just how effective they have been in thwarting attacks.

"Muslim lands", Yeah I've heard that being branded around all day,back to the guy in question... apparently his parents raised him a christian, from Nigerian roots, switches to being a self appointed Muslim jihadist...his troubles began early I'd say...I find no grounds to offer any support or excuses for his actions...I would guess, he has represented 99.9% of all law abiding Muslims wrongly by his actions, in turn, perhaps it's time for the 99.9% to speak up...however like in our own past, speaking out against the church, is not an easy task...in Ireland you might get your self banned from the pews...try that in other parts of the world and you'll loose your head...

Did you bother to see if anyone condemned it?

You might also explain how the 99.9% of muslims are somehow to "speak up" on something that has nothing to do with them......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The Tans bring this sh*t on themselves, on the one hand there's six decades of unregulated, unplanned chaotic immigration and on the other there's the hanging onto Uncle Sam's coattails pretending to be big global players.

dd972 wrote: »
    The Tans bring this sh*t on themselves, on the one hand there's six decades of unregulated, unplanned chaotic immigration and on the other there's the hanging onto Uncle Sam's coattails pretending to be big global players.

At least one of them wasn't an immigrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

R.I.P to the soldier in question.This thread has been the most idiotic i've ever seen on boards .So many stupid and factually incorrect statements.It was like the Daily Mail was posting at one stage. The only good posters in it have been Manic Moran and Nodin,both have very different views on things but at least they don't spew a lot of hyperbolic crap.

The only thing this incident has done for me is that it just reaffirmed my own belief in the link between mental illness and religion. It seems as if both go hand in hand.

Did you bother to see if anyone condemned it?

You might also explain how the 99.9% of muslims are somehow to "speak up" on something that has nothing to do with them......

Au contraire,it has everything to do with them,it is their beliefs which are being used to justify this butchery.

Or,are you more comfortable with the Chaudryism's ?...as after all he is being so true to the ancient and respected words of the prophet etc etc.

It is heartening to see the Condemnations from the saner ranks of UK Islam,however thus far,mainstream Islam has failed to take on it's Chaudry's who will,if allowed,bring Islam and the societies it conquers back to year Zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0qmpkFEMAI

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Au contraire,it has everything to do with them,it is their beliefs which are being used to justify this butchery.

99.9% of the muslim popluation follow an extremist sect of wahabi Islam? This is news to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

smurgen wrote: »

The only thing this incident has done for me is that it just reaffirmed my own belief in the link between mental illness and religion. It seems as if both go hand in hand.

As the great quotation goes "It takes religion for a good person to do a bad thing". I don't think there is a link between them rather it is the influence a belief can have on someone and in this case it was a horrendous act and then in some cases it may be charitable but at both their roots is "belief".

• smurgen wrote: »
    R.I.P to the soldier in question.This thread has been the most idiotic i've ever seen on boards .So many stupid and factually incorrect statements.It was like the Daily Mail was posting at one stage. The only good posters in it have been Manic Moran and Nodin,both have very different views on things but at least they don't spew a lot of hyperbolic crap.

They're funny things, discussions. You tend to get, you know, opinions, and an insight into people's feelings and motivations. It's great that you know exactly what is and what isn't 'factually correct', though. Good for you. I recommend we all run our opinions by you before we post anything else on here.

Yeah, 'cos it's all about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

smurgen wrote: »

Nodins are rubbish , mine , however are excellant.

This is one man speaking up, his sentiments are shared by many, many other muslims. Great interview.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151925108569535&set=vb.645364534&type=2&theater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

A man that went out to kill people in a country that is not his own has been killed on home soil by some who do not like this.

apparently these animals 'were known to police'
    maybe it's time for the Security services to employ a "shoot to kill" policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

99.9% of the muslim popluation follow an extremist sect of wahabi Islam? This is news to me.

Why don't the muslims speak out against the extremists, they seem very quiet to me.

Watch this video.. its hard to disagree with alot of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

space_man wrote: »
    apparently these animals 'were known to police'
    maybe it's time for the Security services to employ a "shoot to kill" policy.

Are they worse than the
    animal
    Out killing in the middle east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

One of the men, who was filmed straight after the killing with bloody hands and brandishing knives, has been named as 28-year-old Londoner Michael Adebolajo.

Reports said he was a muslim convert who came from a churchgoing Nigerian family.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-23/london-terrorist-attack-soldier-killer-named/4709928

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

old_aussie wrote: »
    One of the men, who was filmed straight after the killing with bloody hands and brandishing knives, has been named as 28-year-old Londoner Michael Adebolajo.

Reports said he was a muslim convert who came from a churchgoing Nigerian family.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-23/london-terrorist-attack-soldier-killer-named/4709928

if you were an Internet connection, you would be dial up LOL.

• Advertisement

They have named the other guy now. I'm opn crappy phone and cannot link. Saw it on The Times twitter feed a while ago.

Dodd wrote: »
    Are they worse than the
    animal

you mean muslims killing other muslims?

me bolly wrote: »
    Even more worrying

Reports said he was a muslim convert who came from a churchgoing Nigerian family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

perhaps it's time for the 99.9% to speak up

Good idea, just like 99.9% of Irish people spoke up about the IRA and the troubles in the North in years gone by. Most people had either the attitude of the poster below illustrated by the denigratory, blanket name he uses to refer to 99.9% of British people which I assume comes from the Black and Tans as opposed to those British who come back from 'abroad' looking like old leather after two week's worth of sun bathing. So many Irish people would mouth stuff about terrible what the IRA are doing but the subtext was sure fuck 'em, they deserve it. It's hypocritical to expect other religions, cultures and nationalities to do as we didn't.
    dd972 wrote: »

woodoo wrote: »
    Why don't the muslims speak out against the extremists, they seem very quiet to me.

agree 100%
    If allowed to continue, this will not end nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Mirror splash has the video of them charging the cops and being shot as a result. Can't really complain about that. Looks like the guy in the tan jacket (with the pistol) is the more seriously injured one.

Warning: No gore, not high resolution, but is people being shot.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/

2nd suspect in the Woolwich attack named locally as 22yd old Michael Adebowale

http://channel4.com/news/woolwich-…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

One of two was previously seen outside Mosques calling on Muslims to join the terror campaign in Syria.
    Had he been an Irishman calling for people to join the IRA he'd have been jailed by the British.
    But as the British work on a "Good terrorist. Bad terrorist" mindset, they gave him space.
    They even consider arming these "Good terrorists".
    This time however the chickens came home to roost.
    Cameron and Hague should be chased from this young mans funeral.

Stop telling lies, it's making you look like a clown. Give me one example whereby an Irishman has been jailed for advising people to join the IRA. Police have spent years in pubs in Kilburn and Cricklewood as money was being collected for the provos, as recruitment went on as all that of which you was rife. Give me one example of someone who was arrested and locked up for such activities. Better still, explain the charge.
    But back to the issue at hand. People express horror over this killing of a person. Where is that horror regarding the psychopaths in Syria who chop out a dead man's organs and eat them or the savages who push Gadaffi over a truck and ram a dagger up his anus. And these charming lads are being funded and supplied by the very vermin in Whitehall who are so shocked by this Woolwich killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Why cant they just stop letting in immigrants that they know come from areas riddled with terrorism?

If there was a dangerous outbreak of a fatal unknown disease where it was not possible to screen people for the disease in places like Pakistan, Nigeria, Yemen, Chechnya, Iran, would they let people from these countries into the UK and US ?

If not then why are people from these countries were muslim extremist groups are widespread able to enter countries like USA and the UK?

• Advertisement

Rascasse wrote: »
    Mirror splash has the video of them charging the cops and being shot as a result. Can't really complain about that. Looks like the guy in the tan jacket (with the pistol) is the more seriously injured one.

Warning: No gore, not high resolution, but is people being shot.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/

i enjoyed the bit at the end where he continues to try and run even though he's lying on the ground having been shot.
    well done to those coppers.
    exellent marks(wo)manship.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I gave up after he practically described Denmark as a backward 3rd world country.

• lightspeed wrote: »
    Why cant they just stop letting in immigrants that they know come from areas riddled with terrorism?

If there was a dangerous outbreak of a fatal unknown disease where it was not possible to screen people for the disease in places like Pakistan, Nigeria, Yemen, Chechnya, Iran, would they let people from these countries into the UK and US ?

If not then why are people from these countries were muslim extremist groups are widespread able to enter countries like USA and the UK?

1) Yeah, probably. There are loads of diseases such as tuberculosis which had been all but wiped out in the UK but are still common in developing countries. Many immigrants do get a chest X-ray before being given permission to enter the country, but TB doesn't often show up until it's quite advanced. There are lots of people with active TB walking around London. This is a fact.

2) Putting a blanket ban on people coming from certain countries is racist/xenophobic. I'm sure you wouldn't have liked to have been barred from the UK for being Irish. I spent my childhood between the UK and Ireland and my dad was pulled aside for questioning more than a few times because he has a Northern Irish accent. Places like Pakistan might have a problem with terrorism, but the vast majority of Muslims in any Islamic country are NOT terrorists.

nocoverart wrote: »
    if you were an Internet connection, you would be dial up LOL.

And you sir are correct. so frustrating

A number of posts in this thread highlight the opposite - one new one just 3 posts before your own. Perhaps theres a problem with your hearing?

Thats the kind of scum that came over here and tried to wreck landsdowne road. It was notable they waited for the ceasefire to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You seem to be ignoring news reports and posts that have been posted in this thread.

[/QUOTE]

Mod:

It's the EDL, It's very easy to ignore extremist posts if you so wish.

This thread isn't going to become a soapbox for Islamists or EDL/BNP propaganda.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

MonaPizza wrote: »
    Stop telling lies, it's making you look like a clown. Give me one example whereby an Irishman has been jailed for advising people to join the IRA. Police have spent years in pubs in Kilburn and Cricklewood as money was being collected for the provos, as recruitment went on as all that of which you was rife. Give me one example of someone who was arrested and locked up for such activities. Better still, explain the charge.
    But back to the issue at hand. People express horror over this killing of a person. Where is that horror regarding the psychopaths in Syria who chop out a dead man's organs and eat them or the savages who push Gadaffi over a truck and ram a dagger up his anus. And these charming lads are being funded and supplied by the very vermin in Whitehall who are so shocked by this Woolwich killing.
    Well, youve Marion Price entering her third year in jail for holding a piece of paper in a Derry Cemetary.

We had a Tyrone guy arrested last year for saying "Great news" on his Facebook page, after Ronan Kerr was killed.

Scores of young people have been arrested over the years for shouting "Up the Ra", in public.

Wearing an Easter Lily is prohibited in British jails, and the entire Republcan population spent Easter in solidarity the last few years for wearing them.

Belfast man arrested for having an offensive weapon (a hurley)

Another Derry guy was fined for listening to the Wolfe Tones in his own car.

A Dublin publican lost his bar licence for being impolite to the Queen.

Maire Drumm (SF vice president) was jailed for calling on people to join the IRA. She was later released and executed by a British death squad.

We had a Cork Councillor jailed for 5 years for having an IRA poster.

A Celtic player faced a witch hunt for sending condolences to the family of a close friend who happened to be an IRA member.
    and on and on

And as for calling me a liar.....Nobody openly collected money for the Provos in any bar in the World.
    Money was collected for prisoners families, but distorted by simplistic people like you to make it all black and white in your little World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well, youve Marion Price entering her third year in jail for holding a piece of paper in a Derry Cemetary.

We had a Tyrone guy arrested last year for saying "Great news" on his Facebook page, after Ronan Kerr was killed.

Scores of young people have been arrested over the years for shouting "Up the Ra", in public.

Wearing an Easter Lily is prohibited in British jails, and the entire Republcan population spent Easter in solidarity the last few years for wearing them.

Belfast man arrested for having an offensive weapon (a hurley)

Another Derry guy was fined for listening to the Wolfe Tones in his own car.

A Dublin publican lost his bar licence for being impolite to the Queen.

Maire Drumm (SF vice president) was jailed for calling on people to join the IRA. She was later released and executed by a British death squad.

We had a Cork Councillor jailed for 5 years for having an IRA poster.

A Celtic player faced a witch hunt for sending condolences to the family of a close friend who happened to be an IRA member.
    and on and on

And as for calling me a liar.....Nobody openly collected money for the Provos in any bar in the World.
    Money was collected for prisoners families, but distorted by simplistic people like you to make it all black and white in your little World.

Mod:

We'll leave the Northern Ireland stuff there, thank you.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They're funny things, discussions. You tend to get, you know, opinions, and an insight into people's feelings and motivations. It's great that you know exactly what is and what isn't 'factually correct', though. Good for you. I recommend we all run our opinions by you before we post anything else on here.

Yeah, 'cos it's all about you.

I love discussion too but I love discussion when it's intelligent,hence why I mentioned Manic Moran.I dislike what the dude has to say most of the time but he has a way of portraying what he wants to say very cleary,he always back his statements up with facts and he is always honest about the limitations of his knowledge.This is in stark contrast to the other retard posts I was aiming at such as "if they don't like our countries many they should have headed back to what ever cave they came from in the middle east".

Do you honestly think statements like that help the discussion?I dont I think there's been a help of a lot of those types of posts in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Dodd wrote: »
    Are they worse than the
    animal

I'll ask you the same question I asked Happyman. Would you say the same thing if a member of the Irish defence force was killed in the same manner in the Curragh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

lightspeed wrote: »

What? The guy was born in Britain. Well integrated and mainly had 'white' friends.

You're not actually suggesting that the fact that his skin pigment is different means hes more susceptible to terrorism?

Maybe the British should have banned the Irish from entering Britain in the troubles?

• Advertisement
Advertisement