Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London - Suspected Terrorist Incident

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

poor fella, god love his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

that these animals have to resort to this disgusting, maniacal attack demonstrates jut how effective anti-terrorist operations in the UK have been.

RIP and condolences to that poor lad's family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Right, so you just don't like Sky News? It was ITV News that broadcast the video. Sky News hasn't shown it yet.

Sky News is trash, pure and simple, they're incapable of doing anything tastefully. Probably hacking the victim's phone as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

tigger123 wrote: »
    Sky News is trash, pure and simple, they're incapable of doing anything tastefully. Probably hacking the victim's phone as we speak.

That's your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They don't have to ignore it, just cover it in a more tasteful way, but its Sky Rupert Murdoch News we're talking about, the lowest form of journalism.

Is there a "Tasteful way" to cover the knocking down of a man by a car,then his subsequent decapitation ?

If we cover our eyes and ears does this mean it's not happening ?

Given that the video footage appears not be proffessionally gathered,and overdubbed with a Reporters Commentary,it seems that witnesses and onlookers provided it.

For me ,at any rate,the lowest form of journalism,would be looking away and ignoring true Evil as it towers above you.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

There is only going to be more of these self radical attacks due to the huge amount of Muslims in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's going to be interesting to see what, if anything ,the the police and authority's knew about the savage attackers .Were they some of the thousand's of illegal immigrants in UK who have slipped under the radar or was this just some random attack by British born people (muslim or nay) indoctrinated into the cause of 'Allah ' ?

• AlekSmart wrote: »
    Is there a "Tasteful way" to cover the knocking down of a man by a car,then his subsequent decapitation ?

Given that the video footage appears not be proffessionally gathered,and overdubbed with a Reporters Commentary,it seems that witnesses and onlookers provided it.

For me ,at any rate,the lowest form of journalism,would be looking away and ignoring true Evil as it towers above you.

They could have waited until the victim's family and friends were informed before they plastered the images all over the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kind of disgusted to see how animalistic people can be...

• Advertisement

That's your opinion.

Sure is.

MuchoLoco wrote: »
    There is only going to be more of these self radical attacks due to the huge amount of Muslims in England.

you get mentally unstable people in all communities not just the Muslim community.

They could have waited until the victim's family and friends were informed before they plastered the images all over the TV.

Isn't that a form of censorship then? Freedom of press is important. They haven't named the victim.

AlekSmart wrote: »

You're assuming my problem with Sky News is connected with a liberal view point, which isn't necessarily the case.

Isn't that a form of censorship then? Freedom of press is important. They haven't named the victim.

TROLL ALERT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Having watched the video of the attacker talking he sounds like he's either a crack addict or a khat addict.

• Advertisement

Nope, its common decency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Having watched the video of the attacker talking he sounds like he's either a crack addict or a khat addict.

Is there a link to that video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Is there a link to that video?

http://vimeo.com/66751726

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes, it is common decency. I think it shouldn't be put on television until families are notified.

• Advertisement

Latchy wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see what, if anything ,the the police and authority's knew about the savage attackers .Were they some of the thousand's of illegal immigrants in UK who have slipped under the radar or was this just some random attack by British born people (muslim or nay) indoctrinated into the cause of 'Allah ' ?

Probably 2 South London crack heads who have never worked a day in their lives. I bet if the footage of the London riots was reviewed again, you'd see them looting on it too.

Allahu Akbar is more than likely the only phrase they know.

La_Gordy wrote: »

a similar incident occurred a few years ago not far from where i lived.

http://londonist.com/2005/03/beheading_in_sw.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

They just said now on Channel 4 news that the English Defense League are planning a 'show of force' in Woolwich tonight.

Things could get messy.

Yes, it is common decency. I think it shouldn't be put on television until families are notified.

They have been. The video was broadcast 4 hours after the incident.

• Probably 2 South London crack heads who have never worked a day in their lives. I bet if the footage of the London riots was reviewed again, you'd see them looting on it too.

There are definitely way too many people with psychiatric problems walking around in London when they should really be locked up, that's for sure. There are loads of stories of people being attacked with axes/swords/knives that don't really make the news. That's for another thread, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22633269

a woman walked right towards him in this clip, who in the right mind would walk towards a man covered in blood holding an axe.

Nick Robinson of the BBC said the attackers were of "Muslim appearance". That's going to land him in trouble. Does that even make sense? How does one look Muslim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

If they're devout aren't they prohibited from consumption of all drugs?

WhyTF have drugs been brought into it? Wouldn't crack impair a person's ability to carry out simple tasks never mind plan and carry out such an act?

They just said now on Channel 4 news that the English Defense League are planning a 'show of force' in Woolwich tonight.

Things could get messy.

Oh great. Just what we need.

Wonder if they're gonna be worried about Islamic Rayguns?

• They have been. The video was broadcast 4 hours after the incident.

Highly doubt they managed to contact all his family and friends. My friend was killed last year and it took almost a week to notify everyone who needed to know. We were told not to put anything online about it. I have no doubt that most of this poor man's friends and relatives will have found out about this from the media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Oh great. Just what we need.

Wonder if they're gonna be worried about Islamic Rayguns?

gahhh...beat me to it. Muslamic Rayguns !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

brimal wrote: »

Jaysus.. It seems bizarre that people just stand around watching on after what had happened.. and with two crazed lunatics still armed and covered in blood.

Things could get messy.

Got an inkling that might happen judging by comments on friend's facebook pages. The weathers getting warmer which means only one thing when you live in the dodgier parts of London.......

Mayhem :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

If they're devout aren't they prohibited from consumption of all drugs?

WhyTF have drugs been brought into it? Wouldn't crack impair a person's ability to carry out simple tasks never mind plan and carry out such an act?

I promise you it will not be long before the conspiracy forum has them diagnosed as under mind control and all part of a grand plot to implement something mad and unpleasant on the streets of England.

You watch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Probably 2 South London crack heads who have never worked a day in their lives. I bet if the footage of the London riots was reviewed again, you'd see them looting on it too.

Happens hundreds of times across the Middle East and Iraq - jihadists

Happens in broad daylight in England - "crack addicts"

If Allah Akbar was the only phrase they knew, why was the guy so articulate in the reasons for the attack in the direct TV interview after the attack..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I must admit that I hope they both die,locking them up in prison,and giving them the chance to fill young prisoners heads with glorious tales of jihad just doesn't feel right. I remember reading an article about the islamists in prisons priming young black males into their warped ideology,perhaps the thug in the video was one such meathead.

Highly doubt they managed to contact all his family and friends. My friend was killed last year and it took almost a week to notify everyone who needed to know. We were told not to put anything online about it. I have no doubt that most of this poor man's friends and relatives will have found out about this from the media.

What is the media meant to do? Ignore the story? I don't get your point. The media has a job to inform the public of what's going on. Anything else is censorship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Its amazing that people are just strolling around the streets after they saw that guy getting butchered.
    I would have fainted if i saw that or i would at least be getting sick. I think the sight of the bloody hands would be enough to make me sick.

this 'operation' wasn't even close to being intelligently 'er planned.
    if this is supposed to be Al Qaeda, then they must be scouring mental institutions for recruits.

if this is the level to which they have sank, then MI5 and the security services have done a fine job i'ld say.

• Advertisement

• What is the media meant to do? Ignore the story? I don't get your point. The media has a job to inform the public of what's going on. Anything is censorship.

Not show pictures of the guy dying in the street until all friends and family have been informed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

miralize wrote: »
    Kind of disgusted to see how animalistic people can be...
    Absolutely !

Possibly, I only saw a few seconds of the horror with the nutter with the bloody chopper ( the body in the background) and I thought, he looks just like any mouthy loon you might see out of his head in any city on a Friday/Saturday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Nick Robinson of the BBC said the attackers were of "Muslim appearance". That's going to land him in trouble. Does that even make sense? How does one look Muslim?

Do a google image search for Muslim man, you should see a recurring theme. (btw these guys didn't look like any of those images so Nick Robinson was talking sh*t)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They have been. The video was broadcast 4 hours after the incident.
    I'll take your word for it, since you seem to know more about this than I do. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

who would want to flip out their mobile phone to take a few shots when seeing this and people think the paparazzi are bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

1210m5g wrote: »
    Do a google image search for Muslim man, you should see a recurring theme. (btw these guys didn't look like any of those images so Nick Robinson was talking sh*t)

Good old Orientalism

There are millions of Alfrican Muslims

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Happens hundreds of times across the Middle East and Iraq - jihadists

Happens in broad daylight in England - "crack addicts"

If Allah Akbar was the only phrase they knew, why was the guy so articulate in the reasons for the attack in the direct TV interview after the attack..

some of the biggest nutjobs on the planet are highly articulate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

You're assuming my problem with Sky News is connected with a liberal view point, which isn't necessarily the case.

Not at all,I'm assuming nothing about you.

The News Organ in this case is irrelevant.

The nature,location and other elements of this particular crime ensured that the traditional Media were always going to be beaten to it by the Internet and mass communication sites.

It is emerging now that the murderers spent some time approaching members of the public and asking/telling them to film their butchery....these individuals were'nt playing to Sky/BBC/ITV or whatever...they were playing it directly to the wider world,perhaps in their abberant mental state,to by-pass Official Media Channels altogether.

Just look at the phones and cameras all in use during this attack,this was going viral no matter what,with the very real possibility of the victims family getting these images by text or on Social Media sites...the old rules simply don't have relevance any longer.

It's nothing whatever to do with Liberalism or any other ism,in media terms any longer it's to do with the knowledge these nut-jobs have that they can be famous or they can make their cause centre-stage all by themselves.

Such is the nature of the beast we now attempt to keep on the leash,we may,in very short-order,come to regard Rupert Murdoch as a paradigm of virtue in media terms...:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a fúcked up world we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Were ITV camera's switched off then switched on after the two guys got shot, or are they just being western journo's and not showing the guys being shot?

If it's the first it's a bit strange that they didn't keep rolling for a major terrorist incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

space_man wrote: »
    you get mentally unstable people in all communities not just the Muslim community.

Your putting this down to being mentally unstable okay??? Noting got to do with jihadist groups radicalising British Muslims to cause as much terror as they can when they get the opportunity after slipping under the radar

• Advertisement
Advertisement