Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need serious help with FM13

• 22-05-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I am just not good at it at all. I don't know what to do, I tried playing Classic Mode but it was way too easy. Beat Real Madrid 3-0 with Celtic in the first season. As class as it was to look at, it felt too easy.

Right now I've started a New Game on the original Career Mode with Albion Rovers (Scots Division 2) and I am struggling to beat even lower league teams. I don't know what tactics to use, what settings to use or enable or even what players to look for.

I have been playing these games since FM 2009 and I've always gave up and chose a higher-league team.... But it was just too easy, it's as if everything was done for me because the teams were already successful.

Could anyone give me the simplest of hints? Or redirect me to a good FAQ page or anything along those lines?

I want to basically.. make a lower league team into the SPL or equivelent *insert SPL vs. NPower Championship jokes here*

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

gamercfc wrote: »
    I am just not good at it at all. I don't know what to do, I tried playing Classic Mode but it was way too easy. Beat Real Madrid 3-0 with Celtic in the first season. As class as it was to look at, it felt too easy.

Right now I've started a New Game on the original Career Mode with Albion Rovers (Scots Division 2) and I am struggling to beat even lower league teams. I don't know what tactics to use, what settings to use or enable or even what players to look for.

I have been playing these games since FM 2009 and I've always gave up and chose a higher-league team.... But it was just too easy, it's as if everything was done for me because the teams were already successful.

Could anyone give me the simplest of hints? Or redirect me to a good FAQ page or anything along those lines?

I want to basically.. make a lower league team into the SPL or equivelent *insert SPL vs. NPower Championship jokes here*

Check this site out pretty much covers everything from players personalities to creating tactics.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gamercfc wrote: »

First comes Tactics
    then Players

Try the Modern Warfare tactic or version of it

also check out FM Base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Personnaly I always go 4-4-2, no messing about.

In the lower leagues i use more defensive full backs and wide midfielders then move onto attaching wind back and wingers.

In centre mid I go for one defensive midfielder (make sure he can pass and tackle) and one that is a more attacking (passing, creativity, first touch etc).

Up top I use one creative forward (deep lying, tranquista, complete forward) and one poacher who is fast and has good agility, composure and finishing.

When looking at a players in the top right of the screen you can select a drop down to see prefered stats for position/role (you may already know this) but if you can get a good few of these stats high, in the lower leagues especially you should be good to go.

Obviously, never spend money on players in the lower leagues, its a waste, just put all your budget towards wages then loan and try to pick up frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

LOL You are like the scarface of FM
    First comes Tactics
    then Players

Try the Modern Warfare tactic or version of it

also check out FM Base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I always use the same formation no matter what level I play at.

ST --- ST
    AML
    AMR
    CM
    DM
    - LB --- CB --- CB --- RB

Can't remember the specific settings etc.

If you have decent strikers, he scores for fun. The problem is in defence. If you don't have good defenders, it will concede goals. The DM was dropped back to counter that. It improved it, but didn't stop it. The full backs also need a lot of stamina. Whenever I take over a new club, they are usually not able to finish two matches in a row due to their condition &/or fitness dropping from the pace of the game.

Corners is another thing. I always use a near post delivery along with my best header attacking the near post. Second best attacks the far post. Everyone else gets the fcuk out of the way.

Once it reaches fluid, it goes from being a solid tactic, to being a great tactic which is why I've stuck with it for so long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement