Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a house

Options
  • 22-05-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Myself and 3 friends are renting a house, there re 4 bedrooms

1 single room
    1 double room with a single bed in it
    1 double room with ensuite
    1 double room with ensuite

If we split up the rent evenly, it works out at e40.40 a week each

Looking at the different types of rooms, how do you think we should split up the rent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Have a drinking session and who ever leaves the table first to go toilet loses the same applies for mobile phones! Let the games begin!!!!

Theres also a time limit to drink each can like 15 minutes so no one can just slow drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

mad turnip wrote: »
    Have a drinking session and who ever leaves the table first to go toilet loses the same applies for mobile phones! Let the games begin!!!!

Theres also a time limit to drink each can like 15 minutes so no one can just slow drink!

Stop man, you're too funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I was in a similar position before, we agreed to split the rent evenly and draw straws for the rooms. Then do it again every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I'm being deadly serious :(

Nino Brown wrote: »
    I was in a similar position before, we agreed to split the rent evenly and draw straws for the rooms. Then do it again every year.

We know which room each of us is taking, my question is how shold be split up rent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

We know which room each of us is taking, my question is how shold be split up rent?

45 each for the ensuites
    35 each for the singles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I'd under no circumstances pay the same for a double en suite as I would for a single. Is it 700/month for the house? That's what it seems like based on the figures. Maybe €200/mth for the double en suites and €150/mth for the others? I don't know should there be much difference between the two rooms with the single beds- suppose it depends on other factors like storage space etc.

Thanks lads, i'm just looking for a general idea of what is the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Thanks lads, i'm just looking for a general idea of what is the norm

The person who has the double pays more, is say one third more.

The person who has the highest success rate in clubs, or the person who is in a relationship gets first choice on the double.

Anyone in the same position? Single/Double rooms

How did you split it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Anyone in the same position? Single/Double rooms

How did you split it up?

When I moved to Ireland and moved into my place there were three doubles, but one had an en suite. The person with the en suite paid E20 more per month than the other two people who had to share a bathroom and had slightly smaller rooms.

When I lived in Australia, we had a master room with ensuite and two good size single rooms (one of the singles had a balcony). I think we all paid equal rent then.

Advertisement