Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing off site at Mulhuddart

Options
  • 22-05-2013 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Seen lots of diggers and earth movers clearing the site off the M3/N3 going into Damastown/Mulhuddart

capturemik.png

Anybody know whats happening there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Seems that one part of it (the triangle on the right side) is going to be a showroom & garage for commercial vehicles, you can see the planning documents and the granted permission on the Fingal Co. Co. planning website here - Link.

The left side of the site is still in planning for a filling station & big mezzanine foodcourt/cafe, but additional detail is being requested and permission hasn't been given yet. Link.

Exciting times! Should be a good commercial use for a bit of land that at the moment looks pretty run down and unappealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wohoo job opportunities!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yeah possibly, I think it'd probably be a positive. Be handy to swing in there for petrol on the way into work in the morning. There's no company mentioned in the plans but based on what companies are already operating garages close by, as well as the design of the petrol pump canopy and the mezzanine cafe, I would guess it is going to be an Apple Green station.

Looks like it... Apple Green run the service stops out by Lusk so it wouldn't surprise me if it was them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

January wrote: »
    Looks like it... Apple Green run the service stops out by Lusk so it wouldn't surprise me if it was them.

That set up out in Lusk is something else, think there's another one on the M1.

More jobs and another petrol station to provide competition to the other stations(hopefully).

• Advertisement

That is the M1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

That is the M1 :p
    Oh yeh sorry, do get mixed up :o,is there services area towards Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Wohoo job opportunities!

Great news if you are Polish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Nice to see that the developers haven't forgotten the tricks of their trade by lodging the original planning application with Fingal Co Co on the 24/12/12.

Old habits die hard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Nice to see that the developers haven't forgotten the tricks of their trade by lodging the original planning application with Fingal Co Co on the 24/12/12.

Old habits die hard ;)
    With the weekly email lists this is not as effective as it used to be, except that Christmas reduces the free time to write an observation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Great news if you are Polish :)

What's this suppose to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

daymobrew wrote: »
    With the weekly email lists this is not as effective as it used to be, except that Christmas reduces the free time to write an observation.

Isn't an extra week added for submissions around Christmas? There is for an bord pleanala applications to the best of my knowledge. I'd imagine councils are probably the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Isn't an extra week added for submissions around Christmas? There is for an bord pleanala applications to the best of my knowledge. I'd imagine councils are probably the same.

Correct, the Christmas period doesn't count as part of the 5 week period for lodging a submission from the date the application was lodged or the 8 week period in which a planning decision is made. The local authorities indicate on their websites coming up to the Christmas holidays the number of days over the period that are not included as part of the statutory timeframes.

However, I do remember the days of late nights & mad hours trying to get massive planning applications ready for lodging 10 minutes before the LA's closed on the 23rd Dec when the holidays did count..... thems the days:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

T-Maxx wrote: »

I believe he's being a bit xenophobic.
    Jobs in D15 are a level playing field when it comes to nationality.
    If you don't have the experience you won't get the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

T-Maxx wrote: »

He's too proud to work in garage. Better take social.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I hope its an apple green as the one in clonsilla is a pain in the ass to get and always too busy, have to que up there no matter when I go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

I dont suppose theres any plans to do any upgrade works on the junction just there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

coolbond wrote: »
    I dont suppose theres any plans to do any upgrade works on the junction just there?

You wishing for a fly over? ... no chance :D 20 years maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

dickwod1 wrote: »
    You wishing for a fly over? ... no chance :D 20 years maybe!
    haha ok,I dont suppose there'd be any chance of reverting the clonee bridge to a two way system,or am i just being stupidly optimistic ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

haha ok,I dont suppose there'd be any chance of reverting the clonee bridge to a two way system,or am i just being stupidly optimistic ;-)

I think the latter :) but something needs to be done alright its a nightmare around there at peak times

• Advertisement

Stupidly optimistic. It'd make life a whole lot easier but apparently they did it years ago to ease traffic congestion around there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

You, sir, are a god. I would kill for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's crazy if you work in Damastown and live in Hartstown. you could walk it in 5 minutes or drive it in 10. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thank You!!! I've always said this. Makes no sense whatsoever. The whole point of the N3/M3 is to by-pass towns and villages, yet the only option for commuters coming from Damastown to Littlepace is back through Clonee Village. The infrastructure is clearly there for two-way traffic. Blood boiling stuff.

I've actually raised a thread about this before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76994483

Advertisement