Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet sitter

• 22-05-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello.
    I wonder if anyone knows a Pet Sitter in the region of drogheda, thar can stay with my dog, because i'm going for holidays for 4th to 28th of june and don't have anyone that can stay with her! And if it's possible not too expensive because i go 24 days...
    It's a cross Labrador, she completed 5 years this year! She is very sweet and she is good with other dogs and children!
    we are desperate to try to find someone!
    Please send me one PM

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Are you sure you're not looking for a kennel to house her instead? Paying someone to stay with your dog will be greatly more expensive then putting her in a kennel of some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladycipriana

Kennels ask me more than 350€, for me it's to expensive... i can't pay ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I recommend Beabeg Dog Boarding in Drogheda she minds them in her own house not kennels. She charges €15 a day not sure if she does special rates for more long term but worth asking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kennels ask me more than 350€, for me it's to expensive... i can't pay ..
    Sorry but you're not going to get much cheaper for 24 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP €15+/day is the going rate for kennel fees, petsitters will charge even more. That isn't an unreasonable rate for more than 3 weeks care. A petsitter will charge €20/day or more so that rate is actually a fair amount.

I'd contact your local vet practice and see if there's any vet nurses who would like some extra work. You're going away at peak season, most decent kennels worth their salt will already be prebooked, so you might get a 10% reduction down to around €300 or so for an extended stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hello.
    I wonder if anyone knows a Pet Sitter in the region of drogheda, thar can stay with my dog, because i'm going for holidays for 4th to 28th of june and don't have anyone that can stay with her! And if it's possible not too expensive because i go 24 days...
    It's a cross Labrador, she completed 5 years this year! She is very sweet and she is good with other dogs and children!
    we are desperate to try to find someone!
    Please send me one PM

Thanks a million

My parents' vet in drogheda recommends bellewstown kennels http://www.bellewstownkennels.ie/hoursandrates.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

sorry if this is mean but as a dog owner, you really need to factor pet care costs into a holiday budget. i wouldnt enjoy a holiday unless i knew my dogs were being well looked after. home boarding is your best option but wont be cheap.

€350 is average enough id say. any cheaper id be querying the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Just some suggestions. (This dog is 5 years old and the owner has presumably taken a holiday before without the dog, so if she cant afford the E300 kennels fee, she just cant)

OP do you know an animal-loving responsible trustworthy neighbour or friend that would take the dog for an agreed/lesser amount for the 24 days? Maybe a teenager would be happy to earn some cash walking/taking care of the dog (with the permission of the parents of course).

Do you know anyone with a dog, who would be willing to have your dog, then when they go on holiday you would take their dog in exchange? Saving you both kennel fees

There is PETSHOLIDAYSWAP.COM that has people who will 'swap' caring for each others pets while on holiday that might be worth trying?

looking_around your post has been deleted as it provided no helpful contribution to the thread. Don't judge people or their circumstances. If you can't provide useful advice don't post at all.

Why it will be deleted? Did something wrong?

No not your post, a post made by a poster called looking_around. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladycipriana

Ahhh :D sorry had not understood:) ehehhe

Advertisement