Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballykisteen in Liquidation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dido2012

I have my wedding reception booked for the Clonmel Park Hotel in 2014 and they are also in receivership since last Thursday. Hotel asset managment service (HAMS) is running it now and according to the hotel it's business as usual....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

dido2012 wrote: »
    I have my wedding reception booked for the Clonmel Park Hotel in 2014 and they are also in receivership since last Thursday. Hotel asset managment service (HAMS) is running it now and according to the hotel it's business as usual....

As I have said on another post relax about this, everything will be fine. Be confident as this year goes by you will see everthing is working well.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Its a terrible situation to be in with your wedding booked. But try to remember that in this climate if you are a year or more away any hotel you opt for is taking a gamble. At least Ballykisteen now has someone in there to knock it into shape and cut costs. In that respect it is healthier than many other hotels out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

touts wrote: »
    Its a terrible situation to be in with your wedding booked. But try to remember that in this climate if you are a year or more away any hotel you opt for is taking a gamble. At least Ballykisteen now has someone in there to knock it into shape and cut costs. In that respect it is healthier than many other hotels out there.

Completely agree with this, I work in this area and to be honest hotels trade in receivership for a long long term and I'm speaking from experience when I saw that. It is almost safer than the gamble as the Receiver will want to generate money to repaid the debts which is the point of the appointment of a receiver.

For the brides try not to worry, booking anything into the future is a risk,use credit cards to pay deposits,not just hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Is this hotel now oKAY?? I know I'm bringing up an old enough thread but I'm just about to pay a deposit to have my wedding here in oct 2014. When speaking with the co-ordinator she assured me that a company has taken over and that she cannot see them closing down....saying that I did see an ad on deal page for 2 nights B&B plus a roun of golf for 2 ppl for 99€ and the last time I saw an offer like this the place closed down soon after!!!
    It's my ideal venue I just don't know what to do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

traineeacc wrote: »
    Completely agree with this, I work in this area and to be honest hotels trade in receivership for a long long term and I'm speaking from experience when I saw that. It is almost safer than the gamble as the Receiver will want to generate money to repaid the debts which is the point of the appointment of a receiver.

For the brides try not to worry, booking anything into the future is a risk,use credit cards to pay deposits,not just hotel
    kc83 wrote: »
    Is this hotel now oKAY?? I know I'm bringing up an old enough thread but I'm just about to pay a deposit to have my wedding here in oct 2014. When speaking with the co-ordinator she assured me that a company has taken over and that she cannot see them closing down....saying that I did see an ad on deal page for 2 nights B&B plus a roun of golf for 2 ppl for 99€ and the last time I saw an offer like this the place closed down soon after!!!
    It's my ideal venue I just don't know what to do

Kc83, the quote above from traineeacc sums up the senario pretty well, it looks like you'd have nothing to worry about. Pay the deposit on your ccard and if the hotel ever did close you could try and get a callback on the credit card charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dee cliff

Hi,
    As far as I know all fine, our wedding is July 2014. Got our solicitor to look into it but couldnt find much, found out that by keeping hotel going they get certain tax breaks. A lot of hotels in this country are in receivership and still running, the group who took over are running a lot of properties here, and they have done work to the hotel which is a good sign.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Thanks a million!

Advertisement