Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Dublin artist for this detailed piece

Options
  • 22-05-2013 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

So I'm dead set on getting this as my first tattoo on my upper arm.

http://i.imgur.com/IgiJ92y.jpg

And I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on who would be best to do it. As you can see, there's colour in it, but they're dark colours and not very vivid, which is the way I want it. What I particularly like about is the sketchiness and the various distortions throughout the image - the almost charcoal-ish drawing effect so I'd want someone who could really bring this out (pretty much an exact copy of the image itself). It's not realistic, but it's not cartoony either so it's hard to judge based on a lot of the artist portfolios I've been browsing.

Anyone any help, or anything else I should take into consideration? Or am I best firing off a query to a few shops in town? Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I've been racking my brain for ages trying to think of an artist for this, cool looking piece by the way :).

To be honest I think most artists in any of the quality Dublin studios should be able to handle this. The likes of Kris or Michal in Skin City, Kris, Attila or Brian Duffy in Wildcat, Sean or Denise in Snakebite, Tomash in Hydraulix and it's a piece I think a lot of them would like to do since it out of the norm and might offer them a challenge.

Here's something similar Rob Mulligan done not quite the same but along the same lines anyway so he could be worth a look aswell :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84452244&postcount=690

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Thanks Marty, very helpful. I'll give those studios a shout and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

urgh dirty patriots!! IS it only dub you'll travel to man??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Arawn wrote: »
    urgh dirty patriots!! IS it only dub you'll travel to man??

Well it would be more ideal for me as I'm living in Dublin.

I've been in touch with Wildcat in Stephens Green. Kris wants to do it for his portfolio so heading in next week for a consultation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Kris is a cracking artist has done some work on my mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Interesting looking piece, you're in good hands with Kris

Advertisement