Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying 08 Volvo S40 R design 2.4L D5

Options
  • 22-05-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi

I'm looking at buying a 08 Volvo S40 R design 2.4L D5 Just wondering does anyone think its a bad idea for any reason? I test drove a 2L R Design today and i really like the feel of it and love the look of them. Does anyone know of any problems with them or anything i should know. a lot of the cars i've been looking at are around 100k miles on clock so i am very worried about timing belt been done i think volvo recommend that it should be done around 96k.

Any information on this would really help me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

Hey, did you ever pick one in the end? Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skinnylenny

ya i get a white 2010 volvo s40 d5 on Tuesday in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

ya i get a white 2010 volvo s40 d5 on Tuesday in Glasgow.

Nice choice of car. Very subtle and a decent bit of poke.

love this car can't fault it in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Nice car, good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Love the idea of the D5 in an S40 - lovely change from the usual 1.6 D.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

I think you made the right decision. Have an S40 D5 myself and it's been a great car. can't fault the mechanics at all, only the depreciation.

Want to sell it now, as I'll be moving abroad. So far I have to say it's not easy to shift.

I think people like the idea of a sporty diesel, but when it comes down to it, they either can't afford it or perhaps are just not man enough to own one. :D

this car is a must have. looks great, very confortable, loads of power. i used to buy only petrol cars. I had a toyota levin and toyota altezza and this car is way better. will never look back.

Advertisement