Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 Long Island

• 22-05-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hey

myself and two other lads are looking to rent in Long Island for the summer but finding it very hard to find anywhere. I've been searching craigslist etc but can't find anywhere

is there any other sites people recommend for finding info regarding renting?

also, whats the job scene like there?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cormac1991

Where in Long Island are you headed for? Myself and five other lads went out last year to the Southampton/ Hampton Bays area. It's not your typical J1 spot but it was great craic.

Accommodation was quite hard to find, we kept looking in local papers and eventually found a decent spot. Other than that we traveled around estate agents, some were very helpful while some turned their nose up at us. Most accommodation in the Hamptons can be quite expensive but ok once you get a job sorted.

If out early enough jobs shouldn't be too hard to come across. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to find work. One thing about Long Island, especially the Hamptons is that everything is quite spread out. Public transport isn't great for getting around, there's a few buses but they're not very frequent, so I'd recommend getting a cheap car if you can afford it after a few weeks work.

Any other questions just ask.

Advertisement