Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a colourful plant/shrub to grow

• 22-05-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am looking for some ideas on a good size plant/shrub to grow at the top of my drive.

We have a nice drive up to our house which is made up of a low granite wall on both sides.

As you get towards front of house the wall goes to left and goes to right in order to allow traffic drive around our house.

It's at this point, the top of the drive where it verves off to the left at one side and to the right at the other, I would like to sow a nice good size shrub that has colourful flowering for a good few months of year.....

I would love your recommendations as I am not familar with my shrubs but would like something that goes well with granite and a countrystyle house look.

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sparky100 wrote: »
    I am looking for some ideas on a good size plant/shrub to grow at the top of my drive.

We have a nice drive up to our house which is made up of a low granite wall on both sides.

As you get towards front of house the wall goes to left and goes to right in order to allow traffic drive around our house.

It's at this point, the top of the drive where it verves off to the left at one side and to the right at the other, I would like to sow a nice good size shrub that has colourful flowering for a good few months of year.....

I would love your recommendations as I am not familar with my shrubs but would like something that goes well with granite and a countrystyle house look.

Thanks again

For normal soil
    Hydrangeas
    Virburnum (many different sorts)
    spirea
    abelia
    Philadelphus

For acid soil
    Camilia
    Azalea
    Rhododendron

Advertisement