Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

i had about 5 burritos there so far. never got a stamp or a book to stamp. You can shove your poxy t-shirt up your hole.

Maybe asking for or taking one of the loyalty cards beside the till or on the tables might have been a good idea?

I have a stamp for every burrito I've had there, and a few extra because the staff are sound and got a bit stamp happy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can shove your poxy t-shirt up your hole.

Who are you talking to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

La Salsa isnt as bad as people make it out to be, not as good as Boojum but Boojum doesnt do ques...*googles*....quesadillas. La Salsa has nice chips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

La Salsa has nice chips too.

Ooh, I really don't like La Salsa chips. Had a small chips from them the other night, could only choke down half.

But then, I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't like McDonagh's chips either. (I know! Sacrilege!) :rolleyes:

Maybe they're only good when smothered with taco sauce or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Eeden wrote: »
    Ooh, I really don't like La Salsa chips. Had a small chips from them the other night, could only choke down half.

But then, I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't like McDonagh's chips either. (I know! Sacrilege!) :rolleyes:

Meet your brother. On both counts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ive only had them as a taco chip so maybe there is something different about them. Doesnt speak well of a place selling mexican food when my favourite thing about them is their chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Note that they open later today. Some time after midday. They have some construction going on inside right now
    I just drive into town, got parking and walked in the drizzle over to boojum only to be turned away. Thankfully Charcoal grill was open lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Redeemed my first free burrito yesterday. (First of many, I'm beginning to think).

As always, awesome food, awesome staff, free burrito. Whooooo!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Somehow they taste even better when they're free....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I sure hope i get my free burrito, i filled a section but then lady stamped the next section too...oh what a troubled life i live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I still go to La Salsa the odd time for my steak quesadilla fix (although they've gotten stingy with their meat AND upped the price in recent years)
    Still tastes damn good though.

I'm most likely to crave this kind of grub on a Sunday around 7/8pm so Boojum are definitely losing trade by closing early on Sundays.

Their burritos are savage though!

magentas wrote: »
    I'm most likely to crave this kind of grub on a Sunday around 7/8pm so Boojum are definitely losing trade by closing early on Sundays.
    !

They are going to miss out in a lot of the "hangover" trade as its usually around 7 or 8pm when the serious munches kick in!

New burrito place in cork is even worse doesn't open at all on Sundays!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Went in for my hangover meal at 5, place was jammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

What sort of a place in this day and age in a big city doesn't take laser?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

wesf wrote: »

Lots of pubs in Galway.

laser? in this day and age! hasn't that been entirely replaced by visa debit cards yet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

I'm not in a pub, it's the first restaurant i've come across in ages that doesn't accept card.
    Visa debit/ laser, you know what I mean.
    The burrito was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm not in a pub, it's the first restaurant i've come across in ages that doesn't accept card.
    Visa debit/ laser, you know what I mean.
    The burrito was good though.

Given that most likely the average payments will be €6-8, it wouldn't be worth while having the overheads of a card machine. You'll notice a lot of places have a minimum spend of €10

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I was pretty dissapointed after my burrito. To much meat in my opinion. And it was the
    blandest pulled pork I've ever tasted. Maybe it was an off day? In better news their bottled sauces are incredible on the flavour front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

parttime wrote: »
    I was pretty dissapointed after my burrito. To much meat in my opinion. And it was the
    blandest pulled pork I've ever tasted. Maybe it was an off day? In better news their bottled sauces are incredible on the flavour front

That is interesting. The same thing has occurred to me and I might ask to try meat/rice/beans in equal proportions next time.

The pulled pork is usually very nice. I do imagine each day it's a new batch and they vary. What salsa did you try? I think the hot salsa adds a lot of flavour.

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Given that most likely the average payments will be €6-8, it wouldn't be worth while having the overheads of a card machine. You'll notice a lot of places have a minimum spend of €10

Are the overheads per transation, or a fixed % of transactions? I'd be surprised if the average was that low - how many people go there to eat alone.

Frankly, given the risks of carrying large amounts of cash, I don't see why more businesses don't to Laser / what's-it-called-now, just to reduce the risks to their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JohnCleary wrote: »

I'm in there a fair bit.
    Most people I've seen would order a drink, whether beer of a 'spensive (yet delicious) soft drink, or be buying for a couple/family, so I'd say the average is actually over a tenner.
    I'm talking evening trade though, I'm rarely there at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Are the overheads per transation, or a fixed % of transactions? I'd be surprised if the average was that low - how many people go there to eat alone.

Frankly, given the risks of carrying large amounts of cash, I don't see why more businesses don't to Laser / what's-it-called-now, just to reduce the risks to their staff.

And what about the much-hyped but almost-never-seen contactless payments for under €15 that are supposed to be coming in everywhere?

And what about the much-hyped but almost-never-seen contactless payments for under €15 that are supposed to be coming in everywhere?

I've seen it in m&s, and got a card that will do it. won't actually bother learning how to use it til there's an incentive though. For now bank fees are an incentive to minimise my transaction numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Monthly fee for rental of POS
    There is usually an option then of either fixed fee per transaction or %

While people may not eat alone, a lot of people may pay separately. Cash is king in many situations. Cash isin't an issue, most places clear their tills every hour. And tbh, if someone was going to stick a joint up, they'd go for somewhere with a higher turnover than a burrito bar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And they slow everything down (in pubs anyway). Have you ever been waiting to order a drink while the drunk person in front of you keys in their number wrong numerous times and then calls their friend over to use his/her card only for the same thing to happen all over again?
    The barperson could have made five cash sales while this is going on but has to stand there holding the machine while all that messing is going on.
    Fair enough it's probably easier in a restaurant but the way BooJum is layed out it could lead to a big backlog if a customer at the till is having problems with their card.

Boojum in Dublin is cash only as well.

If they are going cash only in all their shops, then there must be a reason why it makes sense to them.

It's crazy not having card payments in a sit down restaurant. I could easily have ended up going in to pay with card if I hadn't seen it mentioned here as I use card for almost everything.

It may be a cost to the business but they have to stay with the times and things are moving away from cash transactions all the time.

It's crazy not having card payments in a sit down restaurant. I could easily have ended up going in to pay with card if I hadn't seen it mentioned here as I use card for almost everything.

It may be a cost to the business but they have to stay with the times and things are moving away from cash transactions all the time.

Well, so far they seem to bw thriving in 3 locations with cash only, so until their consumer base drops off, hey don't really have to give a toss.

• Advertisement

definitely going to get my free burrito later today, cash problem = sorted :P

Advertisement