Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well, so far they seem to bw thriving in 3 locations with cash only, so until their consumer base drops off, hey don't really have to give a toss.

I wasn't suggesting they weren't thriving, and it wouldn't put me off the place or anything but they should have the option of cards for people who don't want to use cash/have cash on them. Everywhere is moving away from cash nowadays as its in general a nuisance having to carry it, have the right amount and end up with loads of change in your pocket etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I wasn't suggesting they weren't thriving, and it wouldn't put me off the place or anything but they should have the option of cards for people who don't want to use cash/have cash on them. Everywhere is moving away from cash nowadays as its in general a nuisance having to carry it, have the right amount and end up with loads of change in your pocket etc.

Bit of a grand generalisation there i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And they slow everything down (in pubs anyway). Have you ever been waiting to order a drink while the drunk person in front of you keys in their number wrong numerous times and then calls their friend over to use his/her card only for the same thing to happen all over again?
    The barperson could have made five cash sales while this is going on but has to stand there holding the machine while all that messing is going on.

Sure'n any competent bar-person can pull three pints, deal with a Laser transation and refuse the village idiot all at the same time!

Yes, it can add time to some sales. But the increased safety (of both staff and cash) make it a no-brainer overseas, and I wasn't aware of Irish people being THAT slower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Until the banks stop charging for using debit cards they wont become the norm. I can take out 100 euro and be done for the week with 1 fee or I can pay multiple fees a day. I'd say the average spend in boojum would be under 10 euro, many places have a 10 euro limit so the cost is probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's it, I'm heading for a burrito. Will bring cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

We're all on Boojum's payroll Biko! :P

Doesn't matter what we are saying, we say 'burrito' over and over again and eventually everyone will cave!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Seriously, every time this thread pops up with new replies, I'm like "god...I'd love a burrito...".

Bit of a grand generalisation there i think.

Its not really, the whole world is moving towards a cashless system. Ireland is behind in this respect yes but go to the UK or the US almost everybody pays with their card all the time. Even for small transactions less than 10er. Its peoples uselessness that makes it slow not the card its self. In reality a card transaction should be just as quick as handing over cash, the cashier counting change, putting the change away in your wallet etc.

Even in pubs etc in the UK people use card a lot, hence they have a tab system where you leave your card behind the bar and then pay for everything when you are leaving. Loads of pubs operate this system and it stops the whole problem of slowing the place down.

I don't pay banking fees so I'm not bothered about that aspect of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Its not really, the whole world is moving towards a cashless system. Ireland is behind in this respect yes but go to the UK or the US almost everybody pays with their card all the time.

ffs people are still getting excited by being able to pay at the pump. You forward looking guys are right, but the country will take a long time to catch up.

Mmmm, must buy burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... go to the UK or the US almost everybody pays with their card all the time.

I was in the UK for three days this week, and didn't notice that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Thought I'd give LaSalsa a go today. Ordered the special and waited 20min... no sign of it. Went downstairs and told it was coming. Asked someone else 5 min later as I noticed everyone who arrived since was served. She checked with kitchen and said they'd start it....

Since I had waited 25 mins I just took a refund and had a delicious burrito and beer in Boojum instead. Done with LaSalsa now, Boojum ftw!

Its not really, the whole world is moving towards a cashless system. Ireland is behind in this respect yes but go to the UK or the US almost everybody pays with their card all the time. Even for small transactions less than 10er. Its peoples uselessness that makes it slow not the card its self. In reality a card transaction should be just as quick as handing over cash, the cashier counting change, putting the change away in your wallet etc.

Even in pubs etc in the UK people use card a lot, hence they have a tab system where you leave your card behind the bar and then pay for everything when you are leaving. Loads of pubs operate this system and it stops the whole problem of slowing the place down.

I don't pay banking fees so I'm not bothered about that aspect of things.
    Ive never noticed much of what you said about pubs or cards in the UK to be honest. Gang of us were in Berlin recently and didnt notice any strange looks when we paid with our cash either. And even if it was big that doesnt mean a small burrito chain in Ireland should be overly concerned by it.

J o e wrote: »
    Thought I'd give LaSalsa a go today. Ordered the special and waited 20min... no sign of it. Went downstairs and told it was coming. Asked someone else 5 min later as I noticed everyone who arrived since was served. She checked with kitchen and said they'd start it....

Since I had waited 25 mins I just took a refund and had a delicious burrito and beer in Boojum instead. Done with LaSalsa now, Boojum ftw!

Some people never learn :P.

I was in the UK for three days this week, and didn't notice that at all.
    Ive never noticed much of what you said about pubs or cards in the UK to be honest. Gang of us were in Berlin recently and didnt notice any strange looks when we paid with our cash either. And even if it was big that doesnt mean a small burrito chain in Ireland should be overly concerned by it.

I lived in London for a year and that's about 5 years ago now and I found people using their cards for everything as I described. Maybe it was just the people I knew and the places I went......

Btw I'm not a fan of using cards in pubs even by the tab method I was just making the point. But apart from pubs and buying lunch for a couple of euro I use the debit card for everything, it's just much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Is there a children's menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Is there a children's menu?

Nope. But you can go with the soft tacos. One portion gives 3 tacos which was enough to satisfy my two.

Damn, was there at the weekend and forgot once again to enquire as to the status of the margarita machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

newkie wrote: »
    That is interesting. The same thing has occurred to me and I might ask to try meat/rice/beans in equal proportions next time.

The pulled pork is usually very nice. I do imagine each day it's a new batch and they vary. What salsa did you try? I think the hot salsa adds a lot of flavour.

It was the green salsa I had, which was itself quite tasty, still dissapointed, but will try again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

2yx4yv9.png

They have been listening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Murph93

Tried this today. Was really great, had a burrito and a bottle of desperados worked out at about €9. Really filling meal and great staff. Will definitely return and recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

newkie wrote: »
    Damn, was there at the weekend and forgot once again to enquire as to the status of the margarita machine.

Just rang Boojum to ask if the margartita machine was up and running yet and was told told, "no,not yet". I then asked if the hold up was caused by a licensing issue and the guy said "I don't think they're going to get the machine now because it's going to cost them too much money or something". Disappointed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Must be soon time for a boojum meetup a beers afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Do they do food for take away?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Do they do food for take away?

You can go in, order food and get it to go, but you can't order online or over the phone to have it delivered.

Must be soon time for a boojum meetup a beers afterwards

I'm game, still have to claim my free burrito anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Is the Chipotle Hot Sauce back in Stock yet? That stuff is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Osborne wrote: »
    Is the Chipotle Hot Sauce back in Stock yet? That stuff is delicious.
    ya i like it alot! but usually get it for something different as my favourite is the naga hot sauce

I'm addicted to it get them to pile it on!

om nom

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Is the guy on the checkout in there . Did he previously work in the brasserie , ie blakes on the corner

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

3fullback wrote: »
    Is the guy on the checkout in there . Did he previously work in the brasserie , ie blakes on the corner

Go ask him stalker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Arrgh, don't attempt to microwave the burrito bowl plastic box if you take it home for later, it melted for me and ruined my dinner.

Noooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Arrgh, don't attempt to microwave the burrito bowl plastic box if you take it home for later, it melted for me and ruined my dinner.

Noooooooooooo

i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Some first world problems right here :pac:

Advertisement